Author Topic: Anyone know  (Read 1252 times)

lovemunkey187

Anyone know
« on: July 09, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
what this is?

There are many things I would go through so I could be with you
I thought of tragedy
I thought of pain
Just to see you again
Since the day we met
I fought myself, to make an effort to confess
My true desire
And it all is true
Just so I can be with you

I was clearing some old papers out and found this note I had written.

I'm not creative enough to have written it myself, so does anyone recognise it from a song or film or something?

Najemikon

Re: Anyone know
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
I don't recognise, but if it was written, maybe it was you. Could you have been smoking something at the time?  :tease: I can't remember which now, but I remember a writer/artist for 2000ad was asked where he came up with an idea for a particular series. He said he had no idea. He'd taken LSD, came round the next morning and there was this story sat on his desk! He knows it was his, but couldn't recollect a damn thing about doing it.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 03:47:47 AM »
Throwing a few lines into Google came up with nothing. So probably not song lyrics; at least from an existing song ;)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 06:21:31 AM »
It might be something that you read and wanted to keep. Of course I like Jon's explaination better.  :P

lovemunkey187

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 02:02:34 PM »
Google was my first port of call and came up with bupkiss too.

I don't recognise, but if it was written, maybe it was you. Could you have been smoking something at the time?  :tease: I can't remember which now, but I remember a writer/artist for 2000ad was asked where he came up with an idea for a particular series. He said he had no idea. He'd taken LSD, came round the next morning and there was this story sat on his desk! He knows it was his, but couldn't recollect a damn thing about doing it.

Sounds a very Alan Moore-ish thing that.

Thanks anyways guys.

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
No, not Alan Moore. It was someone a bit more obscure. The strip was brilliant and I can't remember the name of that either!  :bag:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
No, not Alan Moore. It was someone a bit more obscure. The strip was brilliant and I can't remember the name of that either!  :bag:

I'm going to start calling you Arfur (story/job/etc)

Pat Mills(?) must've been having waking dreams when he came up with Nemesis the Warlock.