Author Topic: Island of Lost Souls (1932)  (Read 1136 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Island of Lost Souls (1932)
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:28:54 PM »
Now here's something I've been waiting for!
Criterion is releasing the 1932 classic Island of Lost Souls on DVD and Blu-ray on Oct 25.  :yahoo:

Disc Features

- New high-definition digital restoration of the uncut theatrical version (with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition)
- Audio commentary by film historian Gregory Mank, author of Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff and Hollywood’s Maddest Doctors
- New video conversation among filmmaker John Landis (An American Werewolf in London), Oscar-winning makeup artist Rick Baker (An American Werewolf in London, Videodrome), and genre expert Bob Burns
- New interviews with horror film historian David J. Skal (The Monster Show: A Cultural History of Horror); filmmaker Richard Stanley (Hardware, original director of the ill-fated 1996 remake of The Island of Dr. Moreau)
- New interviews with Devo founding members Gerald Casale and Mark Mothersbaugh, whose manifesto is rooted in themes from Island of Lost Souls
- Theatrical trailer
PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Christine Smallwood

W0m6at

Re: Island of Lost Souls (1932)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »
DVD-only in the UK by Eureka! on their Masters of Cinema label.

Criterion

Masters of Cinema

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:18:41 AM »
I'll put that on my Wish List. Thanks :clap: Or should that be: Thanks  :redcard:   (:laugh:)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:55:52 AM »
I wasn't aware of the R2 MoC release. Thanks for pointing that out, W0m6at.
But maybe it was just as well I didn't know. If I had bought that I probably would have passed on the Criterion...  :-\