Author Topic: To Buy or not to buy ? please help lol  (Read 1489 times)

kevin_1990

To Buy or not to buy ? please help lol
« on: June 09, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
The Godfather Trilogy Blu-ray boxset ? I love mobster(gangster) movies probably my favorite gene ever and i love the Godfather movies i own The Godfather Trilogy boxset and its probably my favorite box set up there with the Rocky box set but the Godfather box set i have is not blu ray. I could get the Godfather blu ray boxset for 15 pounds thats like a fiver for each movie.

what do you think convice me or put me of it lol

To Buy or not to buy ?

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: To Buy or not to buy ? please help lol
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 04:32:06 PM »
This is the wrong place to ask that question...we are all enablers here.  :laugh:

There are sites that compare the two formats and let you know if you should upgrade. I did a quick search but couldn't find them. I'm sure one of the Blu Ray owners knows them and can update you.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »
If you really like/love the Godfather, then this is a no-brainer:

BUY.

I own it myself and I am very happy to have upgraded.

kevin_1990

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »
If you really like/love the Godfather, then this is a no-brainer:

BUY.

I own it myself and I am very happy to have upgraded.

So dose the Godfather movies look even greater on blu ray or is there not much diffrence ? i do love the Movies lol im bound to buy it sooner or later just thought i should ask the collectors first.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:46 PM »
So dose the Godfather movies look even greater on blu ray or is there not much diffrence ? i do love the Movies lol im bound to buy it sooner or later just thought i should ask the collectors first.
It looks great. Bill Hunt agrees as well and all other reviews I have seen too. It was a completely new restoration job long after the DVD had been done, personally supervised by Coppola himself.

kevin_1990

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »
It looks great. Bill Hunt agrees as well and all other reviews I have seen too. It was a completely new restoration job long after the DVD had been done, personally supervised by Coppola himself.

cool looks like as soon as i get paid this set is 1st on my list be great to watch all The Godfathers again like i have done a million times but this time in HD