Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 3955 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 02:08:05 PM »
I am so glad to see I am not alone in that. Makes me feel much better.

And I see above... as of right now Marie has just hit 3000 posts!  :clap: :thumbup:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 08:18:36 AM »
I did?  Cool. :)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 04:19:02 AM »
I am seriously trying to break myself of this stupid habit, and today as I ran through my new DVDs I see that I was doing much better, not following the routine for each and every one of them.

It's an odd habit; we do we do it? We know what movie is in the case when we open it, and I assume like myself most others open the case, grab the DVD, and put in the player. We don't open the case and stare at it for 20 seconds admiring the graphics and lettering first.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

RossRoy

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 04:27:17 AM »
It's an odd habit; we do we do it? We know what movie is in the case when we open it, and I assume like myself most others open the case, grab the DVD, and put in the player. We don't open the case and stare at it for 20 seconds admiring the graphics and lettering first.

It's just a standard trait of a typical collector. Anyone who collects anything will want them to be as pristine as possible, and to look as good as possible on display. So opening the case and finding the disc in the correct orientation, unconsciously means you take care it.

To me, it even goes so far as when I lend out some DVD, when they are brought back and I check, I usually don't even check the disc itself if it's in the right orientation in the case. That automatically tells me the other person cares about the item.

I'm sure Temperance "Bones" Brennan would've said all that using much prettier words ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 07:46:46 AM »
I still have a few new DVDs to open, but I still did the same thing.   :laugh:  I don't really even think about it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
I'm still just as bad as ever on it. I was even watching a Youtube DVD review recently and when the girl was taking the disc out of the case to show us the digipak images behind the discs... and she put them back all crooked... a couple even completely upside down. And it bugged me to see her put them in that way. So I can't even see it being done anyway other then straight!  :laugh:
Pete

kevin_1990

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »
OK... brother was just making fun of me. Am I the only one that is this anal about my DVDs?

I was putting a DVD back in the case... and I heard a bunch of crap because I feel the need that if the disc is an image disc (not duel sided discs) I have a need to put the disc in the case so the top of the disc is at the top... bottom at the bottom. Sure I know it turns a little at times when you store the case and all... but I can't help it I need to put it in the case correctly.

I am the same when putting the disc in the DVD player... when I sit it in the tray I do it so I am able to read the disc sitting in the tray.

I never really noticed this about myself before... it is just the way I have always done it.

So what do you say... am I beyond help anal... and/or am I not alone?

your not alone i do both of them it just looks better in the case even when i buy new sealed DVDs when i open them up the disks normally ant straight so i straighting them up. I hate it when you buy a new or used DVD happens more with used when you open up the case the DVD falls out that drives me nuts how hard is it to push down a CD to make sure it wont fall about in the case.

and i put my DVDs in the DVD player/ps3/PC right way up to i do this with all Cd's.

kevin_1990

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2011, 11:18:34 PM »
I have to admit that I'm rather un-careful with my discs. There are currently 5 discs lying openly on my desk that need to be put back into their cases and several discs that are in the wrong cases. When I put the case back in the shelf I make sure that the (right) disc is in it. But certainly not that the label is aligned.
:bag: I have this problem also.

I think the only thing I'm very anal about when it comes to DVDs is, I like to watch all trailers before and all the credits.... my friends go crazy, especially if there are allot of trailers or the credits are long... 

I have been left alone in the cinema many times, with just a cinema attendant tutting at me to keep me company :p

This reminds me of the end of 'The Simpson's The Movie' I'm sure you've seen it if you haven't you'll have no idea what I'm on about. I'm talking about the part when there sitting in the Cinema and Bart goes lets go the movies over and Homer shouts BART THESE NICE PEOPLES SPENT TIME PUTTING THESE CREDITS IN THE LEAST YOU CAN DO IS SIT HERE AND READ EVERY SINGLE ONE!

lol that's all your doing sure it is :)