Author Topic: DVD Profiler  (Read 1905 times)

Fasteddie33

DVD Profiler
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »
I keep getting the pop up,asking if I want to upgrade to the new version...Does this cost money to upgrade??...Do I have to re-enter my collection??...And,is it better or harder to use??

Thanks for the help!!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: DVD Profiler
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:32:51 AM »
Are you using the free version or the full version?

Fasteddie33

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:10:03 AM »
Im using the full version...So,I paid for it and all,just wondering of I had to pay for the new version as well,and if its worth installing....

xyrano

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »
Don't know if the upgrade is worthy or anything, but you do not have to pay for any upgrade of DVD Profiler.

kahless

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »
If you have full version, you don't have to pay for the update. I would recommend the update because of some improvements and bug fixes. You can find the version history on the Invelos site!
You don't have to re enter your collection. The database will be converted into the new version after the first start of the updated profiler.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:39:36 AM by kahless »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
If you have full version, you don't have to pay for the update. I would recommend the update because of some improvements and bug fixes. You can find the version history on the Invelos site!
You don't have to re enter your collection. The database will be converted into the new version after the first start of the updated profiler.

Still, a backup pre-upgrade is better than a corrupted database post-upgrade. ;)

But yes, you should upgrade.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

kahless

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »

Still, a backup pre-upgrade is better than a corrupted database post-upgrade. ;)

Sure! Backups are always strongly recommended! The more the better!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 10:27:13 AM »

What d'you want backups for?

I've never bothered.

kahless

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »

I've never bothered.

Backup is recomended in case of database corruption in order to restore your collection. If you make a clean install of the profiler (e.g. on a new machine) the backup is also helpful. Of course you can use the online collection to make a restore, but then all your individual coverscans wil be overwritten!

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:47 AM »

I've never bothered.

:o
Hopefully you are using your computer only as a toy and don't have important data stored on it.

You'll know what backups are for when (not if) your HDD crashes and you have to pay a considerable amount (€ 500,- +) to retrieve the data.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
Hopefully you are using your computer only as a toy and don't have important data stored on it.

You'll know what backups are for when (not if) your HDD crashes and you have to pay a considerable amount (€ 500,- +) to retrieve the data.
I was surprised like you at first. Then I realized that this is the DVD Profiler thread, so I think he may just refer to DVD Profiler. maybe he doesn't make specific backups there, because his overall backup scheme already covers this as well...

kahless

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »

I've never bothered.

Well, I know some users who think that backup is something for cowards!  :devil:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »

I've never bothered.

Well, I know some users who think that backup is something for cowards!  :devil:

Kahless is right.

I only use my 'puter for itunes, shopping and surfing, nothing serious, so yes it is pretty much a toy.