Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 52675 times)

RossRoy

Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #480 on: April 05, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
Well, looks like the whiny gamers won! http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=662095

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #481 on: April 05, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »
Daytona USA for 400points

I picked this up. The port is very very close to how I remember it on an arcade machine in a bowling alley I used to work at as a teen. I got the 200/200 in about 30 minutes though. Terribly easy.

NCIS arrived today, so gonna give that a blast in a minute. Just ordered a Kinect with Raving Rabbids, The Gunstringer and Rise of Nightmares. Got a good deal on it, just under £100 for all that and the Kinect comes packaged with Kinect Adventures.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 06, 2012, 06:39:44 AM »
Well, looks like the whiny gamers won! http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=662095
I am a bit said they are not standing by their decision. In fact, the ending has slightly grown on me. But following the headline they will add cinematic scenes "only"? Not sure that would solve what I didn't like ;)

What I also find a bit weird is, that it is only Free if you own the game and connect it to EA Origin until April 12? So anyone buying Mass Effect 3 after that will have to pay for additional endings? What kind of BS is that?

EDIT:
Ok., it is reported elsewhere that the date of April 12 is just arbitrary and charging for this conent is not planned as of now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:49:59 AM by Achim »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #483 on: April 07, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
Played and completed two games yesterday. Who Wants to be A Millionaire Arcade and NCIS (200/200 and 1000/1000). NCIS was too easy. Better to play than the CSI games but I hated that you couldn't skip unrequired dialogue. Then plays some Marvel vs Capcom 3.

My Kinect came today, but only the game included with it. I've just been trying it out and it's an impressive bit of kit and Kinect Adventures is good fun. I know the Kinect is suffering from poor games but even if I get just 2-3 good ones, it's money well spent IMO.

Sharpy

« Reply #484 on: April 11, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »
Keep jumpin from game to game ,but I tend to play dead Island mostly at the moment.Slaughtering zombies is always good fun  ;D

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:48 AM »
Keep jumpin from game to game ,but I tend to play dead Island mostly at the moment.Slaughtering zombies is always good fun  ;D
That is a long game. I ran a bit out of steam once I got to the jungle and realized how much stuff I hadn't done yet (meaning the collectables for the trophies/achievements). I forgot which game came out and made me leave it alone, and I have yet to go back. I still want to finish it, maybe not doall trophies/achievements.

Sharpy

« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2012, 12:15:40 AM »
Ive got the jungle to look forward to lol not reached it yet,Ive just un-flooded the sewers,but yer it looks like it could be a long game.Im tryin to make sure I clear all the side missions b4 moving on to new areas

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2012, 07:48:25 AM »
Ive got the jungle to look forward to lol not reached it yet,Ive just un-flooded the sewers,but yer it looks like it could be a long game.Im tryin to make sure I clear all the side missions b4 moving on to new areas
I think I got the side missions done, it was those "ID cards" you had to find everywhere? 200 total? As I said, I might still finish it but ignoring those collectables...

I used to rely on the kick a lot, but one of the updates nerfed it a little, as it now uses stamina...?

Sharpy

« Reply #488 on: April 14, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
Ahhh yes the ID cards, I have a few of them.Im not sure yet if im gunna bother goin through it all again once its done just to get all the cards.we will see lol.Yes the kick does use stamina which is abit of a pain.
But 2day Mass Effect 1 has been in the xbox most of the day,I neva did get round to finishin this  :(. Ive got number 2 aswel which ive neva even touched....must catch up must catch up ,coz I want to get number 3 lol

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 16, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »
But 2day Mass Effect 1 has been in the xbox most of the day,I neva did get round to finishin this  :(. Ive got number 2 aswel which ive neva even touched....must catch up must catch up ,coz I want to get number 3 lol
I'd definetely recommend this over Dead Island! I have only played 2 & 3 (PS3) but it is amazing to see how decisions made in 1 (only 4 for me, from the indtroduction at the beginning of 2) and 2 carry over to character resolutions in 3. As the complaints go, the ending is not highly influenced by decisions, but then that would have been a rather complex undertaking...

RossRoy

« Reply #490 on: April 16, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
I'm about 1/3 through my playthrough of Mass Effect 2 (only Legion left to recruit - then the loyalty missions - then the final stretch).. I'm having a blast again! I love Mass Effect 2! ME1 become a chore after a little while - mostly because of all the Mako driving - but I like ME2's streamlined approach!

And I must say, it's amazing how much more time I get to play games now that my SO is back to work (she's head nurse at the hospital working the evening shift 15h30 to 00h30!)  :whistle:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 16, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
All I can reply here I that for me, personally, ME2 was the better game than 3, except the planet scanning which was somewhat simplified.

Looking forward to get your response to the ending :-X

RossRoy

« Reply #492 on: May 02, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Finished my ME2 playthrough last weekend! Tried to start Mass Effect 3 but lack of time didn't help ;)

But one thing is for sure - the default Female Shepard looks like crap! :yucky:

And the "upgraded" faces of most past characters?  :yucky:
What's with the sexed up Ashley?
Or as mentioned above, the default femshep?
What the hell happened to ME's art direction?

The story better make up for it .. but I already know I'll be disappointed because I have no intention of playing multiplayer, and it seems that the only way to get enough "war assets" for the "best" ending - despite Bioware continually claiming that multiplayer is completely optional to experience everything the game has to offer.

I blame EA for that again!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 02, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »
But one thing is for sure - the default Female Shepard looks like crap! :yucky:
My emotions weren't that strong, but I also didn't like her that much. I did start my third playthrough with her though, the one where I will go for all the "wrong" decisions... I am on hiatus right now though, I will pick it up again when some DLC comes (which I may or may to bu).

What's with the sexed up Ashley?
Or as mentioned above, the default femshep?
What the hell happened to ME's art direction?
Those upgrades seem to be or ME1 characters, for me it all looked quite consistent...

The story better make up for it .. but I already know I'll be disappointed because I have no intention of playing multiplayer, and it seems that the only way to get enough "war assets" for the "best" ending - despite Bioware continually claiming that multiplayer is completely optional to experience everything the game has to offer.
I won't comment on the story. But there would be one other way to get war assets up, but it requires an iOS device and the free "Datapad" app. That's what I used to get to 100%... It may be available on Android, which, then again, you may also to have.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #494 on: May 11, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
I've been playing World of Warcraft again.  I've gotten a few of my lower characters up a few more levels and have gotten some other stuff done with my main character.