Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 52673 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #465 on: February 13, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »
Haha, it seems they could ave made original release date after all and the delay was not really necessary.

Looking forward as well :D

EDIT:
 :headscratch: Just read that release is March 8. Now confused why I thought it was delayed to the end of the month...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:02:24 PM by Achim »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 14, 2012, 05:45:20 AM »
I would definitely skip it if the multiplayer would have taken center stage .. but it sounds like it's at afterthought, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Been playing Mass Effect 3 for a few days now. Like what I have seen so far. Multiplayer definitely seems an afterthought, as all achievements can be achieved in single player, although they encourage multiplayer by having some achievements available though that alternatively; good idea.

They seemed to have pulled back on the more annoying stuff (scanning the planets the same way as last time would have been terrible) and improved on the good.

Not sure yet what I think of the new weapon mods; one can only equip two at a time? Then why is there so many different ones to purchase :headscratch:

Started playing on Insanity difficulty right away. Quite challenging, but I figured I'll enjoy the second playthrough more if it will be easier than the first one. Using my Renegade Female Shepherd for this.

RossRoy

« Reply #467 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:24 PM »
I'm still on my replaying of ME1 to make my "perfect" Shepard for ME3 .. changes in my personal life have cut down drastically on game time  :whistle:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 14, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
I'm still on my replaying of ME1 to make my "perfect" Shepard for ME3 .. changes in my personal life have cut down drastically on game time  :whistle:
I have the Renegade female, who had everyone survive the end of ME2 and then there is the male Sheperd Paragon who had one team member die (IIRC). I am sticking to those and will accept whatever fate they receive.

Sorry to hear there is less gaming time, but the smiley seems to indicate positive change... :clap:

RossRoy

« Reply #469 on: March 14, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
I have the Renegade female, who had everyone survive the end of ME2 and then there is the male Sheperd Paragon who had one team member die (IIRC). I am sticking to those and will accept whatever fate they receive.

I'Ve lost the savegames for my previous characters for some reason .. so I'm now making a full Paragon Female Vanguard for import into ME3 - but it's now going to take a while.. :P

Sorry to hear there is less gaming time, but the smiley seems to indicate positive change... :clap:

Yep - it's positive! Let's just say celibacy is behind me for the foreseeable future  :-[

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 18, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
 :hysterical: I just had a funny experience...don't worry, no spoilers.

I was fighting a group of enemies with snipers (1 shot to bring shield down, another one kills) and a ninja type that has insta-kill if they come close :stars: I tried and tried for an hour maybe and, after a short rest and a video from YouTube, found out I could just run past them :slaphead:

Insanity is truly insane...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2012, 12:58:14 AM »
Something kind of like that happened to me before in something. ...Oh I know now...in Kingdom Hearts when I rented the game originally to try it out.  I had been doing good then I got stuck at this one part.  Kept trying and trying and I kept failing.  I think I finally read up online and discovered how to do it, and I got right through it.  I was ready to give up on the game altogether at that point because I didn't think I would ever be able to get past it.

There was something in one area of Harry Potter Lego that I got stuck on.  Oh I know..the first time I had to duel, I kept losing.  I was pushing the buttons it said on the screen, but it wasn't working.  I had to look it up online and found out that I had to repeatedly press the button instead of holding it down.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2012, 05:15:30 AM »
Íf you are stuck it also often helps to simply turn the game off and return to it few days later. Time and again I was then able to pass the difficult section on first try even :slaphead:

RossRoy

« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
I had this scenario in Tales of Vesperia .. thing is even with looking online and doing everything exactly like it is said in all tutorials .. I still can't beat that boss and I'm stuck there. I'm the right level, have the right skills and team set up .. I just can't beat the boss.. allowed to move on to better games - dragon age, mass effect and fallout basically :)

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #474 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »
Been knobbing about on FIFA World Cup this morning. Just got 4 games left to play and then one crappy achievement away from 1king it (which I won't be as it involves patience :tease:).

Ordered NCIS this morning from Amazon. Also, been looking at deal of the week on Arcade and they have SEGA Rally and Daytona USA for 400points each and Danger Joe for 600. I think I'll definately grab Daytona to fill a nostalgia hole but how are the other two? Worth grabbing?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 31, 2012, 02:39:03 AM »
No spoilers ahead.

Finished Mass Effect 3 last night. I obviously haven't read up about the complaints about the ending before, but there might be some point to them :(

It's still a great game and was loads of fun, despite some moments had me slam the controller on my knees because Insanity difficulty was just that.

I will be going to catch them all (achievements/trophies), so I am looking forward to play some more, especially since I can now lower the difficulty setting :D

RossRoy

« Reply #476 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »
I've just finished Mass Effect 1 yesterday actually. It's been killing me seeing all those news posts about how the ending is bad and all, but I still have to get through ME2 and then through ME3 before actually reading any of it!

But it can't be that bad, can it? Guess I'll know in a few weeks.. maybe months.

RossRoy

« Reply #477 on: April 03, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »
Like I said, I still haven't finished ME3 and try to stay away from ME3 related news (especially the now infamous ending) - but his take on said ending is good. The comparison between summer blockbuster endings vs book endings and where games fit into it all. Makes for a good short read, without spoilers.

http://bitmob.com/articles/me-3-ending-the-book-vs-the-movie-spoiler-free

W0m6at

« Reply #478 on: April 04, 2012, 02:40:35 AM »
I finished the story levels (and a number of the challenge levels) on 1000 Tiny Claws the other night. I tried revisiting Who's That Flying?!, and still suck at it (can't get past the third Japanese city).

At work when I've got some time to kill I've been playing Closure over at Newgrounds, partly to see if I'm interested in buying it once it comes to PS3.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 04, 2012, 02:58:35 AM »
At work when I've got some time to kill I've been playing Closure over at Newgrounds, partly to see if I'm interested in buying it once it comes to PS3.
Isn't that out in the US store already? Lt me know how you liked it.

Have you played Journey?