Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 53196 times)

Sharpy

Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #450 on: January 07, 2012, 02:23:37 PM »
On a side note: 2 months 'til Mass Effect 3 :yahoo:
Already!I have ME1 and 2 , but ive not even finished 1st one yet let alone start the 2nd one  :stars: .So I wont be gettin ME3 for awhile I reckon lol. The Darkness 2 is out soon, the 1st game was absolutely brilliant I thought!I ended up playing it through 3 or 4 times.So that is a must buy for me,well.................that is if I can put skyrim down lol ;D

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #451 on: January 07, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »
I played for a little while today..I got through 2 more levels.  The grave site and fighting Nagini and then finding the sword underwater and destroying the locket.  I found a few more character tokens. 

I noticed when I started playing that I had found 76 character tokens by that point and I was like 43.7% through the game.  I'm not sure how much higher that went from what I played today.  The levels really didn't take me that long to finish..they were easier than I was thinking they would be.  I think have 2 more to finish up Deathly Hallows: Part 1.  So I'm doing pretty good I think.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #452 on: January 09, 2012, 12:28:11 AM »
I have another update.

I finished Deathly Hallows: Part 2.  Fighting Voldemort was actually pretty easy.  Though I was switched over to the other characters at times, and all these dementors kept attacking, and that kept me from finding one last little thing that would have given another character.  But I did get Voldemort's character token.

I've gone around the main areas with other characters out.  I've been using Voldemort for the stuff that needs Dark Arts.  It's really weird to run around with him, especially in Hogwarts.   :laugh:  But I've found a lot more character tokens.  I'm up to having found like 144 I think..maybe slightly higher.  I've found all the red bricks and I've found almost all of the Gold bricks. 

I went back through the first level on free play..found a few more character tokens and rescued one or two of the students in peril.  I just missed finishing the Hogwarts crest for the level.  During the part when they are flying to Sirius's house on the brooms, I had to hit these buoy things. I missed one of them.  Grrrrrrrr.  I found the other 3 parts of the crest...I hope those parts are saved for when I try the free play again.

With all the red bricks, I was able to unlock score multipliers.  At first I thought I could only have one going at a time.  Nope..they will stack.  I now have like 3 billion of the studs and I don't have that many more characters to pay for.  Once the tokens are found, you have to then go to one place and pay to get them activated so they can be used in free play.  Voldemort was 25 million.  Thank goodness for that multiplier thing or I'd be in bad shape.

I know I still have to find more stuff..I'll try to get to 100% eventually...but I'm just thrilled I got through all the levels on the normal play and defeated Voldemort.

I think it said I'm at like 76.2% now.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 09, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »
I wonder when Years 5-7 will be released for the iPad :hmmmm: You seem to be having fun and I wouldn't mind trying myself.

On the Skyrim front: I am not well over 100hours into the game and I think I have hardly touched the main quest. Then again, I am not even saure what the main quest is :laugh: I think I am not finished with the Companions, yet I am not even sure which of the many open quests is with them :slaphead: I am still having fun though, which is all that counts... Currently finishing up the Thieves Guild quest line. I think there is more to do with the Dark Brotherhood and of course the Mage's and well as Bard's college. If I had to guess I'd say this game has easily 200+ hours in it. :stars:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #454 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:08 AM »
I thought I saw in the booklet or something that it was already on iPad.  Hmm...
I could be remembering wrong though.

RossRoy

« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Well this day had to come sooner or later .. After countless hours spent in Skyrim - I can't stand it anymore! I'm all out of Skyrim interest at the moment. My only regret? I never finished the main story ..

But it's been a blast! I've almost been playing that game non stop since November 11! And you know what? I may yet go back to it! It's a really good game, though after all that time, it shows its flaws.

For instance, I am not Harbinger of the Companions, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, Leader of the Thieves' Guild, Listener and Leader of the Dark Brotherhood .. yet when I walk around town, people still say things like "I heard you joined the Companion? I guess you must deliver their mead" .. Or when I go shopping for magic "You have aptitude for Magic? The college could help you hone these skills" .. It completely breaks immersion. At first I didn't mind, but after a while it gets tiresome. At least the guards seem to know what's going on and reflect your actual status, but there are so many villagers that will quip at you but always saying the exact same set of phrases .. at least make them shut up after a while! Or make what they say be something like "Oh look! It's the Dragonborn" or "Wow! You're the hero of Whiterun" instead of "Do you do to the cloud district very often? What am I saying you obviously don't" or the Jarl's son "Another adventurer come to lick my father's boots" ..

I'm the Dragonborn Thane Harbinger Archmage Head Thief-Assassin of freaking Skyrim you little whelp! Go fetch my mead!  :voodoo:

And the worst is .. even after all that time, I feel like I've just scratched the surface of all the content that's in the game .. it's insane!

So yeah, I'm putting my Warrior at level 36, and my Assassin at level 42 on sabatical. Good times were had. I will visit again in the future :)

--

I decided to play Mass Effect now, with the imminent release of Mass Effect 3. I going for a "perfect" playthrough - Female Paragon Vanguard - and I'm doing this playthrough with a checklist to make sure I get everything I want, especially the charm/intimidate points at the level I need them to actually make the choices I need to make.

And you know what's funny? It'll be my fourth or fifth playthrough and every time it's just as much fun! :)

I love Bioware .. well except The Old Republic .. can't stand MMOs .. I hope the next Dragon Age is not a MMO .. oh please god no! to think they already added a multiplayer aspect to ME3  .. meh! :(

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 30, 2012, 05:31:32 AM »
Well this day had to come sooner or later .. After countless hours spent in Skyrim - I can't stand it anymore! I'm all out of Skyrim interest at the moment. My only regret? I never finished the main story ..
Funny we would do this almost at the same time. Although, I am not quite that tired of it (of course to someextent), I just hit a dead end :voodoo: I tried to get back to the main stor, which required me to arrange a meeting between two partied, but one party didn't offer the proper conversation option. So, I loaded a slightly earlier save and tried to do the civil war. First I went for the empirial side, but about the fourth mission I was tasked to kill everyone within one of the forts, but nobody was there! Then I tried to do the stormcloak side of the civil war, but same thing, nobody there when I should be killing everyone. So, no way to proceed :weep:

Besides that I have completed every quest I have found. My total playtime clocks in at approx. 220hours, probably not incl. the time I had to replay stuff because the game froze! :bag: I am at level 56.

I am sure I'll get back to it either sooner (after patch 1.4 dropped) or later (after DLC dropped). I have done all the stuff you did (Arch-Mage, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, etc.) but the comments from the common folk never registered to me that badly.

How far in the main story did you get? The last major part I did was a battle on the highest mountain, involving somethign called Dragonrend...

I decided to play Mass Effect now, with the imminent release of Mass Effect 3. I going for a "perfect" playthrough - Female Paragon Vanguard - and I'm doing this playthrough with a checklist to make sure I get everything I want, especially the charm/intimidate points at the level I need them to actually make the choices I need to make.
I did two playthroughs of Mass Effect 2. The first one as "good" Shepherd (male) happened I just did as things fell into place; and still I think I only lost one member of my crew during the suicide mission. The second one I made sure that all choices were in place and everyone survived when my female tough-as-nails Shepherd was leading the suicide mission. I don't feel I want to change that. Only consideration I could have is using a different type of Shepherd... :shrug: (I forgot what I used last time :laugh:

I have enough unplayed games to pass the time until ME3 comes out. Saints Row The Third, Resistance 3, some more of Batman: Arkham City, to name a few.

oh please god no! to think they already added a multiplayer aspect to ME3  .. meh! :(
I understand the multiplayer is standalone co-op missions...?

RossRoy

« Reply #457 on: January 30, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
oh please god no! to think they already added a multiplayer aspect to ME3  .. meh! :(
I understand the multiplayer is standalone co-op missions...?

Yeah but they reflect on the main story. They give you bonus or something. They did say whatever bonus you get from multiplayer is available even if you just play single player.. but .. yeah. I hate multiplayer!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 30, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
So they are Not entirely standalone :( I dislike it as well.

Trouble is, our only way to express our dislike effectively (well not really) old be not to buy the game. I don't see tht happening for other of us :slaphead:

RossRoy

« Reply #459 on: January 30, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »
I would definitely skip it if the multiplayer would have taken center stage .. but it sounds like it's at afterthought, so it shouldn't be too bad.

What I'm actually scared of is Dragon Age 3 .. I've read rumours that it might be an MMO ..
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:43:59 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #460 on: February 01, 2012, 04:53:13 AM »
I meant to mention that I have made a little more progress with the game.  I had to replay the first level twice more, but I finally got all of the things for the piece of Hogwarts crest.  I can't remember now if I have done the second level again or not..I'm thinking I did..hmm..wait..I did.  Found the crest pieces there and got more characters.

I've got the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for Playstation 3 now too.  I've gotten through the levels for the first movie and the first level of the second movie.  I just haven't had much time to play anything lately. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 01, 2012, 05:56:35 AM »
I've got the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for Playstation 3 now too.
Do you feel they begin to get somewhat repetitive...? I mean, We had Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter already and from the trailers it seems the gameplay only varies a little bit, really...?

Or do you feel they only get repetitve in a shooter kind of way? I mean, many people play lots of shooters and it's not usually the story that drives them there...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2012, 04:35:39 AM »
I haven't thought the games were repetitive...but I haven't played all of them either.  Some people might find them repetitive..I'm having fun with them though.  With the Harry Potter one and the Pirates one, the stories from the movies are there...just sort of condensed.  The game play isn't that different, but I'm liking that so far since I tend to...well..suck at a lot of games.  I'm just happy I can do them.  There are a few differences in Pirates, but nothing major really.  It is a little more challenging in Pirates to find the extra things..least it has been so far for me, but I'm still getting through the levels.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 03, 2012, 04:51:13 AM »
I also have the Star Wars game for my PS3, but haven't really play fit much :bag:

I assume I will be playing a bit of Harry Potter while i Germany the next 10 days.

RossRoy

« Reply #464 on: February 13, 2012, 03:18:52 PM »