Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 53194 times)

RossRoy

Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2011, 05:36:50 PM »
What was the point though? He cool the enemies are? Because it sure was not based on difficulty! (In that case a Draugr Battlelord should have been in there too, rather than the Falmer.)

It was a poll they ran and posted the 10 favorite enemies of Skyrim.

And yes, arrows go a long way (pun not intended).

But they seem so weak compared to my Blade of Woe (another! "gift" from the Dark Brotherhood) x30 ;)

Oh and I really need to change Lydia .. she's getting 1 shot by Falmers nowadays. It's not even funny anymore. And it's 1 shot kill, she doesn't even get the chance to yield! So I'll have to find a ranged follower.. Deeker<whatever> or someone else ..

Rogmeister

« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2011, 09:05:02 PM »
I have recently bought myself a few Nintendo DS games and have been playing Namco Museum lately...mostly Mappy and Pac-Man.  I tried Dig Dug II but I didn't like it as much as the original.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 28, 2011, 05:32:05 AM »
It was a poll they ran and posted the 10 favorite enemies of Skyrim.
Ah, favorite makes sense (which is what I was going for when I said "cool" enemies). The Falmer are fairly cool, as you said they can easily attack from behind coming out of their tubes somewhere.

I am just curious how I haven't even seen more than half of those :headscratch: It's apprently not just about the level, as we are about the same, so maybe I should play more main story...? I have been doing loads of side quests and still have a list of about 30 active ones, so at this point I hardly know what is main quest anymore :laugh:

But they seem so weak compared to my Blade of Woe (another! "gift" from the Dark Brotherhood) x30 ;)
I find that more and more that, especially with magical/enchanted weapons, you really have to find the right one for the particular job. Damage values alone do not do the trick, sometimes.

Oh and I really need to change Lydia .. she's getting 1 shot by Falmers nowadays. It's not even funny anymore. And it's 1 shot kill, she doesn't even get the chance to yield! So I'll have to find a ranged follower.. Deeker<whatever> or someone else ..
Derkeethus... He can be found in a cave near the Crossroads something. It is really quick and easy to get to him.

Just before I lost Lydia I met a friendly Khajit who offered to follow me. By the time I came back to the point where I met him after Lydia's death he was gone :( I figured a Khajit follower should be good too, as they are adept at sneaking...? If I ever meet him again I will send the husband home and use him. Then again, right now I do some thieving and assassinating, so I am travelling alone anyway.

RossRoy

« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2011, 06:29:30 AM »
I was playing earlier today and got 1-shot by a Forsworn Briarheart .. damn follower got me discovered while I was slowly approaching it! I read you can kill those Briarheart by pickpocketing .. their heart! I'll have to try that - if my damn follower will stop getting me discovered that is! grrrr

I mentioned before I was done with the Dark Brotherhood? (all that's left are the Radiant Ai quests - random assassinations of "nameless" people)

Well, I'm almost done with the Thieve's Guild too. And let me just say this: Honor Among Thieves isn't too high a priority for them. Being the new head of the Guild, I like to think I will bring back some honor.

I joined the Bard's College today. We'll see how that goes.

Therefore, I've still not advanced the main story at all! I'm currently on a quest to get an improved Dark Brotherhood armor set (yes, you read that right - there's an even better version out there than what you get from joining!)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »
The Bard's college is one of those tasks I got distracted from. Went to the city to check out the college, never arrived :laugh:

The Thieves Honor is only amongst themselves, if that. They keep telling me when I am in the sewers, that they don't think I am really a parft of  the group (somethign along thjose lines). More than with the Brotherhood I expect betrayal from them!

Shadowmere is definetely not a good follower, as far as sneaking is concerned. :slaphead:

Will have to try the Briarheart thing as well. Can't you tell your follower to wait far away? I usually run back 100m, then tell them to wait there. That way they don't charge into battle before I amready.

RossRoy

« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »
Will have to try the Briarheart thing as well. Can't you tell your follower to wait far away? I usually run back 100m, then tell them to wait there. That way they don't charge into battle before I amready.

Yes I can. But that briarheart came out of nowhere! I hadn't even noticed him yet! The funny thing is I had decimated the whole camp .. and he just stood out of behind a rock and 1-shot me just as I was making my way into the dungeon.

At that point, I turned the game off and watched star Wars. ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #441 on: December 29, 2011, 04:22:08 AM »
I got more batteries on the way home this evening...so now I maybe I can play my new Harry Potter Lego game without the controller stopping working. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 02, 2012, 05:23:44 AM »
This weekend I cleaned uo my side-quest log. I can now say that 5 of them are bugged.
  • 2 of those 5 are simply not removing the text, meaning I already completed the action that is shown there and I think it is the final one of that particular quest.
  • 1 of thosee 5 I am actually uncertain whether the quest is complete or not but since the last action is not being removed I cannot tell whether another action should follow or not.
  • 2 of those 5 are quest breaking :( The first one says I should buy a house in Markarth, yet the steward does not open a conversation when I try to talk to him. The second one is about a book, which I apparently had picked up before receiving the quest to do so, so now the quest giver doesn't accept the book :slaphead: At least with the latter I am not alone, finding many references on the internet to this bug.
Now I will start to work on the main quests mostly "bottom to top".

RossRoy

« Reply #443 on: January 02, 2012, 12:47:32 PM »
I haven't played as much lately. Let's just say my personal life is in turmoil, and at this point, I have no idea how it'll unfold. So i don't really feel like playing.

That being said, I did try something new with my character - I started dual wielding swords with heavy armor and just rush into battle. Sneaking made it way too easy. But you know how we talked about underdevelopped skills at high level? My heavy armor skill was shit. Most enemies could kill me in 1 shot despite my full set of Ebony Armor. So I backed up that character to a USB key .. and started a new one, just to see how dual wielding works.

I must say - it is freaking amazing! Those dual wield power attacks are awesome! But I've hit a wall .. because of an oversight. I started the Companions quest line, and at the first mission where you get a companion follower (Farkas), Lydia quit me and I proceeded to the quest starting point. Thing is, despite the heavy armor, being a rush in and destroy type of warrior with 0 defense (can't block) - I need health potions. A lot of them. Guess who has them? So I'm stuck in a room full of Silver Hands with only 3 minor health potions. I don't how I'm going to get through that.

--

On a side note: 2 months 'til Mass Effect 3 :yahoo:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
Hope your turmoil will calm down soon enough. All the Best Wishes from here.

Thing is, despite the heavy armor, being a rush in and destroy type of warrior with 0 defense (can't block) - I need health potions. A lot of them. Guess who has them? So I'm stuck in a room full of Silver Hands with only 3 minor health potions. I don't how I'm going to get through that.
Wow, quite the pickle you're in... Good luck with that!

On a side note: 2 months 'til Mass Effect 3 :yahoo:
That's coming faster than I thought! I hoped to get one or two other games done between Skyrim and ME3. Seems I'll be lucky to finish one...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #445 on: January 03, 2012, 10:24:25 AM »
I'm still playing the Harry Potter Lego game I got for Christmas.  I'm really having fun with it and I've been able to do things.  I have had to look up a couple of things, but for the most part, I've figured things out myself. 

The game covers the last four movies.  I've finished Order of Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince so far.  Well...not completely I guess.  I'll have to eventually go back in the free play mode using other characters to get stuff that I missed or just couldn't get the first time through.  There are different tokes and things to find - for characters for example - and sometimes a specific ability is needed to get to them.  Like a pet - which only a few characters have access to - will need to dig up something...or Dark Magic has to be used on some things.  I don't have access to a character with Dark Magic yet.  I'm thinking I'll go through all the levels and get all the free plays opened before I try to start going back.  Hopefully by then, I'll have found a token for someone who can use dark magic.  Even in the very first part of the game, dark magic is needed for something.  The game is set up so that you can't get everything the first time through and you have to go back.  I'll have to figure out how to replay a level .... I'm not sure how to do that yet.  Some instructions do pop up in the game, and that helps...but some of them aren't the clearest.  I had to look up online how to do the duelling because I kept losing in the training. 

I've managed to find several characters...I know there are a lot more.  There are like 200 total and I've found like 70 or something like that I think. 

The game only saves at certain points..I don't like that.  Most of the time when I find a new character token, gold brick, or red block, it auto saves..it auto saves when levels are finished too.  But there are times when I'd like to be able to save at other points.  There are times though when it doesn't do the auto save when finding those special things.  I like to be able to save when I want.  If you exit in the middle of a level, all progress since the last save is lost.  I really hate that.  So I usually keep going until it saves...but I wasn't able to earlier.  So now I get to replay most of the level I think.  Oh well.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 04, 2012, 05:21:20 AM »
I like the way they make the lego games replayable, although the sheer quantity of things to find and unlock is intimidating at times. Not being able to save at your own convenience is always a gripe, especially when level are rather long. I hate that too; I remember Mafia II and of course Dead Rising 2 being the worst offenders for me so far. Skiyrim lets you save whenever you want, even mid-battle; it is quite possible to save a second before the character dies, too :laugh:

Yesterday I had the biggest "what just happened?" moment yet. I was riding up a mountain on Shadowmere with my follower (Anneke(?)) in tow. Suddenly the a carriage emerges from the ground, followed by a dragon, with a second dragon swooping in from the sky :o The second dragon seemed to fight the first one as well, so that one dies very quick, leaving me with only one dragon to deal with. Dragon bones and scales from 2 dragons add a lot of weight :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #447 on: January 04, 2012, 06:59:35 AM »
I like the way they make the lego games replayable, although the sheer quantity of things to find and unlock is intimidating at times. Not being able to save at your own convenience is always a gripe, especially when level are rather long. I hate that too; I remember Mafia II and of course Dead Rising 2 being the worst offenders for me so far. Skiyrim lets you save whenever you want, even mid-battle; it is quite possible to save a second before the character dies, too :laugh:

Yesterday I had the biggest "what just happened?" moment yet. I was riding up a mountain on Shadowmere with my follower (Anneke(?)) in tow. Suddenly the a carriage emerges from the ground, followed by a dragon, with a second dragon swooping in from the sky :o The second dragon seemed to fight the first one as well, so that one dies very quick, leaving me with only one dragon to deal with. Dragon bones and scales from 2 dragons add a lot of weight :laugh:

Some of the levels in the Potter game have been kind of long, while others seem shorter.  Or maybe they just weren't as challenging to me for some reason and I finished them faster.  It does seem like the first level for each movie has been a little longer.  Sometimes when I find a new character token, red block, or gold brick, it will automatically save.  Other times it doesn't.  It is a little inconsistent with that.

I've gotten to the point where I try to shoot - blast..whatever - everything.  I've found some character tokens that way...and sometimes you have to blast apart something to get something else you need.  So I blast the hell out of everything...if I build something, once it does whatever, then I blast that too.   :laugh:  I'm rather destructive, but that's how a lot of character tokens have been hidden.  At times it does seem like there is a lot to do.  But I'm getting through it, and having fun. :)

It is a little.....frustrating do know that something is there, but that I can't get to yet.  I could see this character token in a trash can in the first level, and I blasted the crap out of it, and nothing.  It's worse when I can see them..it's like they are taunting me.   :laugh:  With a few of them, I've thought that I just have to hit the right spot on it to get it. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 04, 2012, 07:20:47 AM »
Yes, I noticed that "fire everything" seems to be the way to go through this game.

...and I know very well about those tokens that are visible yet unreachable until you have the proper character to unlock the area/item.

BTW, I have by far not unlocked as many characters as you have, and I am 80%(?) through the story. :headscratch: (Haven't played since September though, iPad games are more for vacation and similar occasions...)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2012, 05:14:19 AM »
I can't remember for sure now...but I think it said I had found 70 of the character tokens the last time I played.  And it was up to like...hmm......39.6% done...  Or maybe it was 37.9%..Hmmm...

The last time I played I ended up in free play at Hogwarts..didn't realize I was doing that and I was able to switch to a different character for one of them.  I think I had Ginny, Neville..and...umm...well I don't know who else.  I ended up switching Jenny to Molly.  I went back to the Defense Against the Dark Arts room and I thought the one spell would work to get a token that seems to be in a dinosaur skeleton, but it didn't work.  I'm not sure what other spells could be left..other than Dark Arts. 

I didn't play last night..I had to get up early for work today.  I had trouble sleeping again, so didn't get much sleep, and had a long day.  Pretty tired right now, so I probably won't play any more tonight either.  Though I may get some more energy again...it happens sometimes.