Author Topic: Should I Get This Movie 2-Pack?  (Read 1484 times)

Rogmeister

Should I Get This Movie 2-Pack?
« on: February 19, 2011, 06:17:33 PM »
I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and I noticed among the various movies they have that they have a few 2-title Blu-ray bundles.  There's one I'm thinking of getting but I'm probably taking a chance with it...it includes The Phantom (which I think is the 1996 movie starring Billy Zane and Kristy Swanson) and The Spirit which came out a year or two ago.  Of the latter, I know it got pretty well trashed by critics (including our own Rich, the only one to review it here).  I did see The Phantom when it first came out but I don't remember a lot about it.  The two movies are priced at just $15 for the package so I figure if I go for it, I can consider it The Phantom for $15 and The Spirit as a free extra.  Did anyone here like The Spirit at all?

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Should I Get This Movie 2-Pack?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
Did anyone here like The Spirit at all?

I did but then again I'm fairly easy to please.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
Well, I went back and got that 2-movie pack and (as I said before) I will consider the price to be for The Phantom with The Spirit being a freebie.  I also got How The West Was Won while I was there.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
I also got How The West Was Won while I was there.
The Blu-ray, I suppose? It has this really amazing option to watch the film in a "smilebox" version, which simulates the original curved screen. I quite liked it that way.

Rogmeister

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 03:53:46 AM »
Yes, I got the Blu-ray...is there more than one Blu-ray edition for this movie?  I don't see any Smilebox feature listed but then my eyes aren't what they used to be...

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 05:17:53 AM »
I have The Spirit..not the Blu, but I enjoyed it overall.  It is a bit different, but it is entertaining.  I thought I posted about it here.  Guess I didn't.  I know I posted a review on Epinions.
I like The Phantom.  It is gorgeous on Blu.