Author Topic: Wait till use see this use will be disgusted lol  (Read 1482 times)

kevin_1990

Wait till use see this use will be disgusted lol
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:58:24 PM »
I received a bran new sealed DVD through the post yesterday that i ordered off Ebay at the weekend the DVD was a Robert De Niro Classic 'Once Upon A Time In America' if you haven't seen it yet you should give it a watch a long film but a great film anyway.

So i took the seal off and openend up the case and this is what i was greeted with

The 2nd cd on the right hand side wasent even clipped in right so it was rolling around the box

and to prove the DVD was new and sealed

Here is how the inside shoud look lol

Najemikon

Re: Wait till use see this use will be disgusted lol
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
Is that your first "rattler"?  ;) Had a few of those down the years, one or two had to be returned because the disc was damaged. When I sell my DVDs on Play now or Ebay as I used to, I'd often put a small piece of bubble wrap inside the case to hold the disc firm without any pressure.

I remember a couple of Region 3 titles had proper stoppers protecting the centre button. They were the only retail discs I have ever had that recognised the potential problem.

kevin_1990

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »
Is that your first "rattler"?  ;) Had a few of those down the years, one or two had to be returned because the disc was damaged. When I sell my DVDs on Play now or Ebay as I used to, I'd often put a small piece of bubble wrap inside the case to hold the disc firm without any pressure.

I remember a couple of Region 3 titles had proper stoppers protecting the centre button. They were the only retail discs I have ever had that recognised the potential problem.

Rattler i like that term lol i think it's my first Bran new sealed Rattler but second hand i have had loads of rattler's

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
I've had quite a number of rattlers (all first hand originals) especially when they were delivered via mail.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
I have had a load of them (brand new) over the years as well. It usually isn't a problem but you do need to check the disc to be sure.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:05:23 AM »
I've had several.  If I'm in a store, I've been known to shake the case to make sure the disc isn't loose.  I've put some back because of that before..I was afraid the disc would be damaged.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 05:33:11 AM »
I have had my share of "rattlers" (I previosuly heard the term "floaters"). But so far only ever had one which was damaged had to be resent.