Author Topic: What You Watching Tonight ???  (Read 19133 times)

kevin_1990

What You Watching Tonight ???
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:39:41 PM »
I thought of a great topic well at least i think it is i hope it is and it can be up there with the 2 most popular Topic's in this part of the Forum 'What's got?' and 'On Pre-Order'.

OK well here it goes the idea of this topic is you post the title of the DVD you are gonna watch maybe post a picture of the DVD cover and tell people a bit about the movie if you know anything so other people can find out about the DVD your gonna watch and they might watch it there self.also you could talk about the DVD you watched the night before.

that's really it folks obviously there's no rules lol i cant tell you what to post on this Topic that wouldn't be nice its just really a conversation topic about the DVD you gonna watch.

so Lets see if it will work i shall start off

The DVD I'm gonna watch tonight is called 'A Clockwork Orange' one of my all time favorite films its a British Film based on a British Novel I'm not sure how big this movie still or was in America. but use probably will know of it as it is a master piece of a movie by a famous American Director Stanley Kubrick.I haven't watched it in a bit so i think it's time to blow the dust off it and watch it once more if you haven't seen it i do recommend it.

Protagonist Alex is an "ultraviolent" youth in futuristic Britain. As with all luck, his eventually runs out and he's arrested and convicted of murder and rape. While in prison, Alex learns of an experimental program in which convicts are programed to detest violence. If he goes through the program his sentence will be reduced and he will be back on the streets sooner than expected. But Alex's ordeals are far from over once he hits the mean streets of Britain that he had a hand in creating.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What You Watching Tonight ???
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Final Season
In the hit CBS drama GHOST WHISPERER, Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has chilling, heart-stopping, amusing and emotional encounters with ghosts and those they haunt. At the tense intersection of the Living and the Dead, there is a mind-bending mystery that puts Melinda in lethal jeopardy – but also brings hope and miracles. Melinda's husband Jim (David Conrad) is now a practicing physician at Grandview's haunted hospital. With the spirit world growing stronger, Melinda and Jim must find a way to balance their romance, and the challenges of the churning spirit world. Melinda comes to understand that her unique gift is a responsibility that must be honored to help souls in need – alive or dead – find perfect closure.

Episodes:
1. Birthday Presence
2. See No Evil
3. Till Death Do Us Start
4. Do Over
5. Cause for Alarm
6. Head Over Heals
7. Devil's Bargain
8. Dead Listing
9. Lost in the Shadows
10. Excessive Force
11. Dead Air
12. Blessings in Disguise
13. Living Nightmare
14. Dead to Me
15. Implosion
16. Old Sins Cast Long Shadows
17. On Thin Ice
18. Dead Eye
19. Lethal Combination
20. Blood Money
21. Dead Ringer
22. The Children's Parade

After getting this set today I couldn't wait to start watching it. I am now on the second episode of the season. Not sure how much of it I will watch tonight... or if there will be anything else I watch tonight.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »
I finished Futurama Volume 5 yesterday (the revival on Cartoon Network)

Great show! They still got their wits!
Absolutely L-O-V-E-D the eyePhone episode (Attack of the Killer App)! haha!
Seek it out, even if you're not a fan of Futurama, it's worth it ;)
Especially for us borderline anti-Apple types ;)

To give you a quick taste

I leaning heavily towards Lost now... ever since getting that complete series set... so I guess I'm starting tonight! Well, I should say restarting really ;)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:07:09 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 02:37:48 AM »
I'm not sure if I'll watch something on DVD or something from my DVR.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:21:22 AM »
I watched Back to the Future on Blu-ray on Sunday and it looked fantastic. The film holds up very well and has proven to be one of the modern classics; I think it works very well.

Yesterday I went through the special features (there are more two hours worth of them!). There is vintage featurettes (well, at least older ones, apparently from the older DVD release), newly produced ones (incl. video footage from the scenes shot witrh Eric Stoltz!) and Deleted Scenes! Michael J. Fox can be seen in interviews from 2002 but is also present in the newly produced ones (it was a bit sad to see hnim suffer from his disease while doing the interview; to reduce impact they cut away to other footage a lot); it was nice to see he is basically doing o.k.

RossRoy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:29:31 AM »
I watched Back to the Future on Blu-ray on Sunday and it looked fantastic. The film holds up very well and has proven to be one of the modern classics; I think it works very well.

I watched this recently too. And it does look fantastic on Blu-ray. I even noticed stuff I had never seen before! But what I found astounding, and is probably the big advantage of Blu-ray over DVD, is all the background details that come out.

Can't wait for Star Wars! September, where are you? ;) hehe

Oh, and so this post is at least partly on topic - I did watch Pilot Parts 1 and 2 of LOST. I have a whole new perspective on things, seeing as I have seen all the way up to Season 5. Good stuff! I'm off to watch Tabula Rasa aka Lost: Episode 3.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
Agreed on the details, especially the backgrounds. It had been too long since I saw it last to really recognize stuff as new to me though.

First off, no, I won't cancel m y pre-order. But, I recently read, that these will not only be not-the-originals, but potentially even further modified versions compared to the previous DVD release. :(

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 06:22:12 AM »
First off, no, I won't cancel m y pre-order. But, I recently read, that these will not only be not-the-originals, but potentially even further modified versions compared to the previous DVD release. :(

What?!? Can't he leave those alone... sheesh! But then... is it possible they'd be modified to bring BACK some of the stuff that ired so many people? Like Han shooting first? If that's the case, I'm all for it!

Either way, I'm not cancelling either. We'll see closer to release what the damage is, and reconsider accordingly.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
BTW, I got that information from TheDigitalBits here. Some honcho from Fox apparently said "the Star Wars Blu-rays will include 'only the latest special edition' versions". It's the "latest" in there that's not very comforting. But, on the good side he also said that Blu-ray versions of True Lies and The Abyss (finally in anamorphic!) are being prepared :yahoo:

RossRoy

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »
BTW, I got that information from TheDigitalBits here. Some honcho from Fox apparently said "the Star Wars Blu-rays will include 'only the latest special edition' versions". It's the "latest" in there that's not very comforting.

Call me an eternal optimist (as in they won't be changed further) but to me, that reads as: "these will be the same as the DVD, only a new transfer for Blu-ray. Just don't expect the originals"

But, on the good side he also said that Blu-ray versions of True Lies and The Abyss (finally in anamorphic!) are being prepared :yahoo:

:thumbup:

kahless

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »

I restarted to watch Smallville (I own Season 1-7, 8 is on the way). I was stuck on Season One last year for some reasons. Now I start to continue with season 2.
Disc 1 will be the programme for tonight /maybe Disc 2 as well...)  ;D

So the episodes for today are:

Season 2, Episode 1: Vortex
Original Air Date—24 September 2002
Clark Kent saves Lana Lang from the tornado, but his father Jonathan is missing, trapped with the despicable reporter Roger Nixon (Tom O'Brien) in an old tomb beneath a destroyed church filled with meteor rocks. Lex Luthor saves his father, who is submitted to the hospital for surgery, and then joins forces with Clark to look for Jonathan. Chloe Sullivan decides to be only friends with Clark after his disappearance from the dance to rescue Lana. Also, Lana becomes suspicious of the abilities of Clark.

Season 2, Episode 2: Heat
Original Air Date—1 October 2002
When the "hot" new Biology teacher Desiree Atkins (Krista Allen) arrives in Smallville, Clark Kent gets excited in her presence and his hormonal surge sets off a new ability: heat vision. Lex Luthor meets and falls for Atkins and they decide to get married. Meanwhile, Clark's heat vision causes another fire at the Talon when Clark is talking with Lana, leading Clark to get briefly jailed on suspicious of arson. Lex invites Clark to be his best man, but when Desiree tries to seduce Clark, he realizes that she is a meteor freak with the power to seduce men.

Season 2, Episode 3: Duplicity
Original Air Date—8 October 2002
When Dr. Steven Hamilton, physically sick from repeated exposure to meteor rock radiation, causing constant Parkinson-like twitches, becomes a liability to Lex Luthor, he terminates their contract. Dr. Hamilton leaves the mansion and drives down the road like a lunatic and causes a serious accident with a truck driven by Ray Wallace. The truck overturns in a cornfield near Clark Kent's spacecraft and, while trying to rescue Ray, Pete Ross sees the UFO. The next morning, Pete asks Clark to help him to bring the object to his workshop. When Dr. Hamilton steals the spacecraft, Pete believes Clark has taken it, so Clark discloses his secret to his friend. Meanwhile, the now blind Lionel Luthor moves into Lex's mansion forcing Lex to care for him. Also, to Lana's dismay, her aunt Nell Potter is in love with a new boyfriend named Dean.

Season 2, Episode 4: Red
Original Air Date—15 October 2002
Clark gets his Smallville class ring, but these rings contain RED KRYPTONITE making him turn into DARK CLARK.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

I plan to watch the third disc (episodes 9-12) tonight. So far I am really enjoying this series. Too bad that there is only one season.

kevin_1990

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »
I havent Desided what im watching tonight yet 'A Clock Work Orange' was great last night classic movie. Anyway its only half 7 in the UK so i still have more than a couple of hours left yet lol

kevin_1990

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57:20 PM »
Tonight i will be watching a bran new Episode out of Shameless Season 8

Shameless is a BAFTA award-winning British drama television series set in the fictional Chatsworth council estate, Stretford, Greater Manchester, England.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
Finish up Disc 2.... maybe start Disc 3 of Ghost Whisperer: Season 5.
Pete