Author Topic: Hey new guy here  (Read 3674 times)

kevin_1990

Hey new guy here
« on: February 08, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
Hi

My names Kevin you can call me Kevin or Kev whatever floats your boat I'm 20 years old I'm a collector not as extreme as use guys but i would like to be but i don't have the space as i still live at home lol.it seems to me use guys collect for the sake of collecting please correct me if I'm wrong me my collection is just made up of movies i love or have picked up cheap cause i always wanted to see them or have heard that its a good movie.

types of movies i love that make up most of my collection are Horror movies and Gangster movies anyway i have always wanted to speak to people who collect DVDs too so i look fallward to speaking to you all.

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Hey new guy here
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:08 PM »
It seems to me use guys collect for the sake of collecting

Welcome Kevin, I'm glad someone finally said it. That really does apply to many of the members here.
I myself have a small collection in comparison to many of the ones here, but I buy DVDs for the same reasons as you.

Cheers.  ;D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:39:04 PM »
Welcome to the site. I am a big horror fan and I love collecting TV series. I have a rather large collection of 2,445 releases (Counting boxsets as 1). I have such a big collection for 2 reasons...

1. I been collecting since the start of DVDs... getting my first DVD Player and titles in May of 1997
2. I have a lot of titles given to me. I have had at times 2 to 3 big boxes of DVDs given to me at a time.

And as I am sure there are people here that will tell you... my nickname definitely fits.  :P
Pete

Fasteddie33

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:45:20 PM »
Welcome Kevin!!...Im still kind if new here,only been about 2-3 months.....I know you will really enjoy this site..Im also a big horror movie nut!!!....In fact,check out what I got in the mail today.....Autographed "Freddy" glove from Robert Englund....Its freakin sweet!!!
Anyway,welcome to the site and have fun!!

kevin_1990

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
Welcome Kevin!!...Im still kind if new here,only been about 2-3 months.....I know you will really enjoy this site..Im also a big horror movie nut!!!....In fact,check out what I got in the mail today.....Autographed "Freddy" glove from Robert Englund....Its freakin sweet!!!
Anyway,welcome to the site and have fun!!

wow that's well cool that must have cost you a fortune im a big 'Nightmare on Elm Street' fan i have all the movies from that series including Freddy vs Jason i dont have the remake of 'Nightmare on Elm Street' in my collection yet i did watch it online though and thought it was good so i will add it to my collection at some point.I was gutted when i found out Robert Englund wasent gonna play Freddy in the remake but i have to admit Jackie Earle Haley done a good job in the remake.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »
Hi Kevin - welcome to the forums!  :cheers:

I've been a collector of "stuff" for a long time. Books, records and DVDs are my favorites.

I will eventually get to read, listen to and watch everything I own. I'll have plenty of things to do once I retire!  :laugh:

I used to keep everything but now I often give away the items I don't think I'll get to again.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »
i don't have the space as i still live at home
Guess what, so do we.  :)
The only difference might be that in most cases our parents don't share our homes with us anymore. :P The spare room can be used for storing DVDs.  :laugh:

Welcome to this forum Kevin,
I admit that I too am on the verge to collecting for the sake of collecting. But as it is now I'm still very selective (at least from my POV) with my purchases (it took me nearly 10 years to get my 800+ collection).
So one of the advantages of this forum is that the appreciation you receive here is not depending on the size of your collection, but on the quality of your participation.

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
Welcome Kevin. Careful where you step, Pete's DVDs line the floors and walls of this place :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 11:24:36 PM »
Not to mention all over my desk... my entertainment center... pretty much everywhere you look!  :P
Pete

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 01:10:30 AM »
Greetings from one Kevin to another!!!  :cheers:  Welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 01:38:58 AM by KinkyCyborg »

hal9g

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 04:45:06 AM »
Welcome aboard, Kevin!    :thundergod:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:50 AM »
Welcome Kevin. Careful where you step, Pete's DVDs line the floors and walls of this place :laugh:
I thought those were Kathy's, although, she's downsizing. :P

Hi Kevin :)

Yes, I guess I collect(ed) for the sake of doing just that. Although, my difficult is/was that I live in Taiwan where renting DVDs is more difficult to me and the TV selection is limited. I am, however, trying to cut down on my purchases and be more selective. I am still working on the last part :laugh:

kahless

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 06:53:43 AM »
Welcome to our asylum, Kevin!  :clap:

kevin_1990

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
I thought those were Kathy's, although, she's downsizing. :P

Hi Kevin :)

Yes, I guess I collect(ed) for the sake of doing just that. Although, my difficult is/was that I live in Taiwan where renting DVDs is more difficult to me and the TV selection is limited. I am, however, trying to cut down on my purchases and be more selective. I am still working on the last part :laugh:

hi i can understand are DVD'S not really cheap to buy in Taiwan cause when my dad used to go there to work years ago he used to bring back loads of DVD's that he got cheap.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 06:46:36 PM »
Hi
Welcome to the board. :)

I get movies and tv shows that I like.  I also sometimes pick some up because I've read good things about them.  I do watch my movies..yes I have a lot I haven't watched on DVD or Blu yet, but I'll get to them.  I buy movies when I find them on sale most of the time.  When I really, really want one, I'll get it without waiting on a sale.