Author Topic: Found my holly grail  (Read 905 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Found my holly grail
« on: February 02, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »
Sometimes you have a movie that you want to rewatch again, but it was so long ago that you are unable to remember a lot of details to help you.

Last week I finally find one I was searching for more than 25 years. Of course I had no idea of its title (anyway knowing it wouldn't have help since I saw the french dub) and who was in it. Not the best way to find a film when you only know it was canadian, the action took place at a beach house and the guy took his ex-girlfriend in hostage because she was unfaithfull to him...

But while redoing the profile for Die Screaming Marianne last week something jump through my mind... The girl in the movie was Susan George and finally a search on the evil imdb give me the title :yahoo:

First thing I did was to go at amazon canada, but it's oop and the Canadian sellers are sometimes insane in those case (2 sellers : one new for 76.95$ and one used for 38.95$). Didn't check the US one since the marketplace shipping is too high. But I got it at the british one for £6.58 (wich is between 15 and 20$ canadian after the shpping), sure it's a little bit more than what I usually pay for an used dvd. But I want to rewatch it for so long... Even if it's a fullscreen TV version of the film I don't care.

Tomorrow Never Comes (1978)

I'm sure only a collector can be that happy for thing like ;D

Fasteddie33

Re: Found my holly grail
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:25 AM »
I love it when that happens!!...Im a child of the 80's and I cant remember alot of the movies I loved when I was a child and then finaly see a clip or stumble across an actor and finaly check thier bio and get that movie, is a great feeling and brings back such great memories!!

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:46:49 AM »
Thats great jimmy!

Im still trying to work out what a film I watched about 10 years ago was.... all I remember is its in a cold place like a mountain, a guy gets frost bite and has to cut his toe off and I think hes in a cabin maybe writing something... Haha, ill never know!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
Awesome Jimmy! Hope the film holds upwith your memory.

Not with a movie, bur I remember having taped a song back in the 80's of which I neither knew title (it's not always the main line of the chorus...) nor artist. Even when the internet started appending and I could search for lyrics, my search was still unsuccessful. :slaphead: When I eventually was able to find it on iTunes just one or two years ago I was just a happy as Jimmy described above...

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »
Thats great jimmy!

Im still trying to work out what a film I watched about 10 years ago was.... all I remember is its in a cold place like a mountain, a guy gets frost bite and has to cut his toe off and I think hes in a cabin maybe writing something... Haha, ill never know!

Have you tried IMDB? Search via keywords and give it some rough details like "colour", "post 1950", etc...

That's how I found Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Black Christmas, two films my parents told me about but couldn't remember the titles or actors. I tracked them down through plot.

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 11:20:30 PM »
Thats great jimmy!

Have you tried IMDB? Search via keywords and give it some rough details like "colour", "post 1950", etc...

That's how I found Dark Night of the Scarecrow and Black Christmas, two films my parents told me about but couldn't remember the titles or actors. I tracked them down through plot.

I have and ive posted it on here before.... nothing. If my mum didn't remember it id have thought id dreamt it up.