Author Topic: I love my friends  (Read 2593 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: I love my friends
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:43 AM »
When the wires begin to melt while you're in bed like my old one you'll know it's time for a new one.  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 04:39:52 AM »
Mine isn't anywhere near to doing that.  It just doesn't seem to get warm like it use to.

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 05:53:19 AM »
Mine was :laugh:

I had the same heating blanket for I have no idea how many years growing up. One day I was making my bed and saw a burned wire. Ok, so it;s obviously time to get a new one. No heating blanket I've been able to find since then heats nearly as well. So many of them are "protective" worrying more about not burning you than warming you up.

If it's cold in the room, I turn the blanket on and it barely helps if at all. I turn on the heat in the room without the blanket and the bed feels a certain way, but turn the blanket on with the heat on, and the blanket heats way up.... in other words, it heats up more when it's hot in the room than when it's cold. Both of my last two blankets have been the same way ???
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »
Kathy, you clearly deserve friends like that! :thumbup:

MEJHarrison

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 10:39:51 PM »
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing.  Wish your Mark had visited this Mark last week.  Normally I can keep the furnace up and going, but some control circuit went and it was a $420 bill!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 04:56:09 AM »
Something just had to get fixed in the furnace part of the heat pump here.  I can't remember what it was now, but it was almost $600 to fix.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 05:21:09 AM »
I can't believe how much it cost to have the furnaces repaired. :o I had brought him subs and homemade cheesecake today and plan on baking tomorrow. Boy did I make out like a bandit!

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 07:59:36 AM »
The same for so many other things. Get your car fixed because one tiny little piece broke. On the bill you see that the part cost was $3.00. The labor was $120 for 20 minutes of work. It's always the labor.

(I can't remember if I've told this here) Over the years my father was given several really nice paintings or prints from companies he was dong business for. My mother, wanting the frames to be just as nice, would take the paintings to a guy they knew who built frames as a hobby out of quality wood adding decoration of his own as well. He charged I think between $60 and $100 which included the cost of the wood. After they moved, they got another painting, and Mom told me that the place she took it to quoted a price of around $1,200 to do a frame/matting job similar to what the guy had been doing for her all of these years.

It's always the labor.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 04:02:27 AM »
Yup..this was all labor..the part was covered under warranty..though it it hadn't been, that part was $1500.