Author Topic: Farewell from Critter  (Read 3087 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Farewell from Critter
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:29:45 AM »
Critter (Sophie) has asked me to pass on this farewell message.

I will miss you all and I've enjoyed talking to all of you.. expect Jimmy, who always has been and always will be a prick.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:32:22 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

kahless

Re: Farewell from Critter
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 06:45:18 AM »
Sorry to hear that. May I dare to ask what happened?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:52:22 AM »
May I dare to ask what happened?

I'm sorry no, that's all she asked me to say.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »
So am I supposed to feel guilty? I hope not since I don't... She wants to play the victim good for her, but I won't cry a river for her. She sure was a real class act till the end, trying to stirring shit again.

My message was longer than that but I won't go down at this level, so I erased the rest of it.... Anyway I wouldn't have replied to this if you woudn't have name dropping me.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
Sorry to hear that. May I dare to ask what happened?
If I recall correctly it is related to the "Wikileaks"-Thread

Sad news indeed, even though Dr.Hasslein already announced this decision unofficially in another thread.

Please always remember: This is a forum on the Internet, not the real world. It's supposed to be fun.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:40:51 AM by Silence_of_Lambs »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
Although I have had disagreements with people, I try very carefully to make sure my points can not be seen in a negative light.

If the perception of what I want to say is taken differently than I intend, I am quick to apologize.

One person in particular comes to mind. Although we often have had strong disagreeing viewpoints, we still exchange pms and consider ourselves friends.

When I felt I was getting angry, I would drop the subject and ignore those individuals until my anger was gone.

I'm sorry that Sophie has made this decision, but it was hers to make. I will miss her and will keep up with her on another web site we share.

hal9g

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
It is unfortunate that she has made this decision, but honestly, it is more unfortunate that she felt the need to take a final parting shot at another member of the forums.   :redcard:

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:07:54 PM »
So am I supposed to feel guilty? I hope not since I don't... She wants to play the victim good for her, but I won't cry a river for her. She sure was a real class act till the end, trying to stirring shit again.

My message was longer than that but I won't go down at this level, so I erased the rest of it.... Anyway I wouldn't have replied to this if you woudn't have name dropping me.

:clap:

Going to be honest, me and critter didn't get on.....

I think leaving the forum like that was childish. all im gonna say.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:10:27 PM by Emma »

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
Everything you can think of about a person -- positive and negative -- there will always be those kinds of people online. From people who take everything personally to those who wouldn't give a crap about anyone but themselves; those who joke and those who are serious to the extreme; those who seem to make it their life's work to see if they can get emotion out of others ("because it's only the Internet") and those who walk on eggshells hoping never to upset anyone in any way possible. That's life, so that's the Internet.

I know it doesn't make things any better, and being the type that I am, I wish that all of the negatives could just go away. Yet, I am also hypocritical on the matter finding ways to let certain members get on my nerves when I should be able to take whatever is dished out (even things not directed at me).

All of that aside, though, I'm sorry to see her go even though I had barely begun to know her. It doesn't matter the reason; it doesn't matter the reaction; it doesn't matter the manner. In the end all that will ever really matter is that she's gone.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:28:01 PM by Blair »
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 10:11:26 PM »

That's rich coming from someone who made up a second account to back up their opinions and arguments. It's pretty obvious that 'Venomsinner' is you Emma.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »
That's rich coming from someone who made up a second account to back up their opinions and arguments. It's pretty obvious that 'Venomsinner' is you Emma.

I don't know what this has to do with recent arguments since venomsinner hasn't logged in since July 2010 but firstly) he has registered almost a year before Emma and secondly) going by his signature it's not exactly a secret that they know each other and live together or at least close by.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:58 PM »

.... Venomsinner is my best friend, he lives next door to me and pretty much spends most of his time in my house. We have never made it a secret that we know each other in real life EVER, he doesn't back my opinions up.... if you look back at my reviews on some of Wes Andersons films you will see he quite clearly disagrees.

Kevin, I have no issues with you and I have no idea why you are being so hostile towards me. :/

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »

And your point is what exactly??

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:35:24 PM »
I'm just saying that Critter isn't the only one who acts childish on here from time to time.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 10:40:07 PM »
Kevin, I have no issues with you and I have no idea why you are being so hostile towards me. :/
Simple Emma, you said something about Sophie he didn't like :laugh:

BTW what's the point of this thread? Sophie is gone so what... She isn't the first to go and she won't be the last one. Unless she came back again like she did last summer :shrug:

I sure won't miss her patronizing attitude and her drama queen crisis... Do you find it funny that I had only problems with 3 peoples since I'm here (wich is weird since I'm supposed to be a prick)? It's a generic question so no answer are necessary.

If Emma or anyone else want to write their opinion this is none of your bussiness Kevin, Do you expect a love fest when you throw dirt in the openning message?

Can we expect that you will became the Sophie's and Calder PR guy now? Again no answer necessary