Author Topic: Going to the Cinema By Yourself  (Read 2278 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Going to the Cinema By Yourself
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:17 AM »
That's a pretty big town you live in. The biggest in my region has a population of 75,000.
Melbourne is less than two hours drive from my town and you can easily reach the outer suburbs in just over an hour so it's not too bad.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 05:21:21 AM »
I don't know what the population around here is....somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 I think...probably closer to 50,000.  Though that's a guess.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 07:42:38 AM »
I have never had a problem going tho the movies alone, been doing that since my teenage years. One reason being, many of the films I wanted to see were not of interest to others. Additionally being in the cinema is not supposed to be a social meeting anyway. Sure, we can do stuff before or after the movie, but while in the cinema we are not supposed to talk anyway...

Obviously we all talk back to those stupid video game character when they don't do what they are supposed to :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 08:18:57 AM »
In some ways, I enjoy it more alone...depends on who I'm with. 
I'm just tired of all the rude idiots who think it is acceptable to talk or use a cell phone through the entire movie.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:58 AM »
I'm just tired of all the rude idiots who think it is acceptable to talk or use a cell phone through the entire movie.

I agree with you there, that shit is messed up.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
It definitely is.  I don't get why someone will pay to go to a movie and then sit there and play with their freaking phone through the whole thing.

If you can't sit and watch the movie without texting or talking on a cell phone, then stay home.

People have no manners anymore.  I was probably 5 or 6 the first time I went to a movie and I knew to sit there and watch the movie.  Too many people have just put up with the rude talkers in movies...so now it is accepted behavior by many people. 
The movie theater here will kick people out if they catch them talking too much or texting too much..but the problem is catching them.  The people doing it can see the employees coming and have time to stash the phones or shut up.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 08:44:17 AM »

The movie theater here will kick people out if they catch them talking too much or texting too much..but the problem is catching them.  The people doing it can see the employees coming and have time to stash the phones or shut up.

That's the kind of enforcement we need at my local cinema. Currently it's so laid back you would think it's just a front for the mafia. Seriously you could wander into any one of the 8 cinemas and no one would even notice.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
I only went to the cinema by myself once. It was during my recent visit to Berlin. I walked around the whole day and I wanted to rest my feet for awhile. So I went and watched "Inception"  :laugh:
It didn't bother me sitting in the cinema by myself. I always thought it would bother me more.