Author Topic: Wikileaks  (Read 8208 times)

Critter

Re: Wikileaks
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 04:45:48 AM »
I know we're not supposed to have any rules here, but, perhaps we need to implement a rule for the forum banning discussions of politics and religion.

That might help eliminate these kinds of brouhahas.

Sounds like a nice plane, one step closer to removing freedom of speech altogether. Then we can all move to North Korea.

NickCalder15

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 04:48:48 AM »
Like I said I'm serious and ignoring this post will change nothing in the fact that in 2 days I'll decide of my action.
OK, this day start to piss me off a lot since this morning... I have exchange some PM and I'll decide tomorrow what I'll do.

This place turn as something it wasn't because of one member and her teammates. I'm here to talk about movies with long time friends and not stupid shit. Maybe it's the time to do like the founder did and move on :shrug:

:laugh: Says the moderator who doesn't know the true legal meaning of treason.

The moderator is the one threatening to leave. The moderator is the one who is acting a true hypocrite.
I ain't one, do you thing I would made those comments if I was one ::)

My mistake then. I assume you were one. Never mind. Anyway I am tired of this debate- Hal's dropping out particularly. So I may as well shut up. Still it's been fun. A very challenging but interesting experience. Let's just hope when we debate over films, it doesn't get this heated.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2011, 04:49:14 AM »
I wasn't going to say anything....
But..I can't stay quiet any more.

Things have gone too far when a long term member has been ...well...not exactly attacked, but insulted and now feels like they need to leave.  Yes people can discuss things, but when it spirals into name calling because of a difference of opinion, it is no longer an intelligent conversation.  People can disagree about this wikileak crap or whatever else..but there is no need to start calling people names.  That accomplishes nothing.

There have been some downright snotty and/or rude comments aimed at Jimmy in the last few days for some reason.  I still haven't figured out what set most of them off.  I don't get what is going on here in a few threads lately.  People have been getting along here - even when they disagree - for ages.  Now all this crap.  What the hell is going on??

Oh...also.  It bothers me when someone who has been a member for less than a day - regardless of how old they are - tells any member to shut up and get out.  It would bother me if any member told someone else to get out, but it really bugs me in this situation.

hal9g

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:51 AM »
I know we're not supposed to have any rules here, but, perhaps we need to implement a rule for the forum banning discussions of politics and religion.

That might help eliminate these kinds of brouhahas.

Sounds like a nice plane, one step closer to removing freedom of speech altogether. Then we can all move to North Korea.

Hmmm....weren't we just talking about drama queens on this site?   

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:53 AM »
I'm closing this thread temporarily. It's 5am where I am and until now I didn't really pay attention to this thread. But it has been brought to my attention that something's going on here and I will check it out before I re-open it again.

G'night y'all.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
Thanks on the tip though. I got a bit carried away with the posts I was reading. I'd hate to say it but Jimmy is the incarnate of the attitude I despise. I like getting along with most people I meet. But. His attitude disgusts me. Sad to say.

If that place turn like that because a fucking kid got the right to shit on the place and insult the older members, I will be out of here and this time for real.

And one final note: Age has little to do with this debate. We are discussing the morality (or I am trying to discuss) of accepting Julian Assange's death, the separation of him and journalists, the US government's reaction etc. Please if you want to leave, please do. I'll continue my discussion with Jon, who I just met and already have a load of respect for.

If you don't like it then just stop reading this thread.

We are on the General board, are we not? I didn't see any rule saying "Sorry guys but no politics here". Or are you the judge, jury and executioner of threads?

:laugh: Says the moderator who doesn't know the true legal meaning of treason.

And one more thing: You had no problem with this thread when everyone was unified under the common belief that Assange is a dick. But when I come along and get a real conversation going, a real discussion, suddenly it's lunacy? So anything that is contrary to what you want is lunacy, eh? Hypocrite
Anyone who opposes you, challenges you and seeks to start intellectual discussion is automatically a troll who seeks to get a kick out of the reactions of his opponents. Yeah that's really what I'm doing, you idiot. Grow up for once. In the past....14 hours I've been registered, I've seen many things on here. Genuine discussion, intelligence and then I've seen you overreact in threads and bitch and whine. If you can't handle the debate, shut up and get lost. I may be 14, I may have a little bit of immaturity, but I'm still intelligent enough to engage intelligently in discussion without acting like a coward and a hypocrite. Your whole "he's a kid" mentality really speaks volumes btw. You hold a preconception that kids can't be as intelligent as you. So very wrong. I'd like to applaud Jon and Hal while I'm at it for NOT referencing my age, rather focusing on the points that I've been bringing up. Just like I have done.

OK, this goes as a warning to all sides: Behave! This is a board where we discuss movies and TV shows and related stuff. You can talk politics if you want, but only if you don't get ad hominem. As soon as you start arguing about each other instead of the topic at hand it has to stop. I don't want that the air gets poisened and the fallout then penetrates the on-topic forums. Politics is always a hot topic, one just has to look towards one's own country. With having members from all parts of the world here it's getting even more complicated.

So if you wish to discuss this further, please remain civil, do not attack each other on a personal level, do not use your nationality or the other's as an argument, do not "side" with other users (we aren't a hyaena pack).

In short: Discuss the topic - not each other.

If you can't do this, I'm going all Kim Jong Il on you and close this topic and then watch the sixty minutes version of Bend it Like Beckham

PS: What I also don't want to read is any kind of "But I was just ..." pleas. If you think about re-engaging in this topic, do not pick up on the old postings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:02:17 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

hal9g

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 03:33:08 PM »
If you can't do this, I'm going all Kim Jong Il on you and close this topic and then watch the sixty minutes version of Bend it Like Beckham

:hysterical:  :hysterical:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »

According to IMDb, there was already an alternate US and a censored UK version, so showing this movie over there kinda makes sense.  :whistle:
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2011, 11:27:54 PM »

According to IMDb, there was already an alternate US and a censored UK version, so showing this movie over there kinda makes sense.  :whistle:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40852743/ns/world_news-asia-pacific/ ;)
Karsten

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40852743/ns/world_news-asia-pacific/ ;)

According to other sources I'm too lazy to Google yet, the NK version was "only" cut by 8min.
Matthias