Author Topic: What Did You Get for Christmas?  (Read 17865 times)

Critter

Re: What Did You Get for Christmas?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:45 AM »
I think I might be getting a Playstation 3 from a friend. 

Yay! Come join the dark side  :gamer:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 06:21:10 AM »
:lol

I'll probably suck at the games

Critter

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »
That's okay, we all do at the start. Hell, I still do and it doesn't stop me.  ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 06:34:12 AM »
Oh I kept trying with the different Mario games...I never did manage to finish them.  :lol

Rogmeister

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 06:51:17 AM »
I like playing games :gamer: but I rarely finish any, either...apart from baseball games.  I did finish at least one Mario game, though...Super Mario World which was the first Mario game for the Super Nintendo.  That was like 3 systems ago!  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 06:58:26 AM »
I think I played that one some..didn't finish though.
If I remember right, that was one my step dad borrowed from his son for me to play and he wanted his game back after just a few days.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 07:12:18 AM »
I did finish at least one Mario game, though...Super Mario World which was the first Mario game for the Super Nintendo.
But did you finish it doing all the worlds :whistle:
I had some good memory of this one of all the time my mother want my brother and me to play just to watch us.

The one who took me the longest time to complete is Final Fantasy 6... Five years to find all the secrets in the game :stars:
Compare to Final Fantasy 10 that I did in 2 days and what a waste of money it was :thumbdown:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 07:28:27 AM »
I played Final Fantasy 7..really liked that one.  Was doing good.  Then I got to the point where I needed to train and race the birds...I didn't want to do that...so I eventually stopped playing.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 07:50:41 AM »
It's the thing I've never liked in the Playstation Final Fantasy's games, sure the graphics were nice but I don't like linear story and do this do that scenario. This is why for me the best RPG were on the SNES, I had so much pleasure playing Final Fantasy (4/5/6), Lufia (1 and 2), Romancing Saga 3, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Treasure Hunter G, Secret of Evermore, Earthbound (a kid game, but very funny), Breath of Fire (1 and 2), Secret of the Stars (poor graphic but really challenging), Ogre Battle and my all time favorite SNES game Uncharted Waters: New Horizons. I even play them again when I feel like it ;D

The toughest one I have ever played is Dragon Warrior for the NES... I took me years to find the 3 objects needed to make the goddamn bridge appears :voodoo:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:48 AM »
I didn't mind some of that stuff in Final Fantasy 7....finding people and killing enemies or whatever.  But the raising and racing birds...that was too much for me.  I had to do the race thing once.  Came in last.  Think I read that you had to win races with your bird.  So.  I got very discouraged.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 10:06:59 AM »
I bought myself an early Christmas present last week. A copy of Inception on Blu-ray it was such a good deal that I couldn't risk waiting until boxing day.

So I got the Blu-ray 2 disc set + DVD + Digital Copy all for $26.82 at Big W.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:10:09 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Rogmeister

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »
I did finish at least one Mario game, though...Super Mario World which was the first Mario game for the Super Nintendo.
But did you finish it doing all the worlds :whistle:

I have to admit, I didn't go back and find all the worlds.  I have so many games, I am unlikely to even attempt to find every nook and cranny of every game.   :stars:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »
Do you have Barbie as Wonder Woman?  If I were to buy one Barbie, that's the one I would want.   :whistle:  Of course, that came out at least 4-5 years ago so it's probably a pricey collectible by now.

No I don't have that one..Somehow I missed it. 
I mostly just have the ones tied to Christmas now.  Plus my old ones from when I was a kid.  I have seen a few others I've been tempted to get but I haven't.
My mom has a 2 or 3 of Scarlett from Gone With the Wind.

Critter

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 11:49:26 PM »
I find it very easy to 'finish' a game these days and not actually complete it. I think I have "finished" about 5 games but only really explored about 50% of the games full capabilities. I suppose that's what make replaying so worthwhile.

Rogmeister

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:08 PM »
As I've mentioned elsewhere in this site, I finally broke down and bought my first HD television, a 40-inch Sony LCD.  I had also gotten a DVD from an online friend (not a member of this site).  He sent me a copy of a silent western titled The Toll Gate starring William S. Hart...but I already had a copy of that (mine was from Image, the one he sent was from Alpha) so I sent the Alpha copy along to Pete in my recent package to him.