Author Topic: What Did You Get for Christmas?  (Read 17862 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
What Did You Get for Christmas?
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »
I know it is a good week before Christmas... but I already gotten an early Christmas gift... as well as know about several others that are on the way (daily Hangman game). Plus I know I seen one or two other people post about getting something early. So thought I would go ahead and start the thread...  so come on everyone...brag about all the goodies you got or know you are getting!

Got Early:

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

On the Way... that I know about

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection
Psycho, Vertigo, Rear Window, The Birds, Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, The Trouble With Harry, Rope, Marnie, Topaz, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Frenzy and Family Plot

Carnivore

Chappell's Show: Season 1

Chappell's Show: Season 2

Circus

Da Ali G Show: Season 1

Da Ali G Show: Season 2

Dollhouse: Season 1 (Blu-Ray)

Godsford Park

I Love You, Man

Insanitarium

The Prestige

The Royal Tenenbaums: The Criterion Collection

Sex and the City: Season 4

Stargate SG-1: Season 2

Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters

Whisper

Note: This thread isn't just about DVDs and Blu-Rays... anything you got (or getting) for Christmas that you want to brag about is fair game!  :thumbup:
Pete

Rogmeister

Re: What Did You Get for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 04:53:06 PM »
Is it a Christmas gift if you buy it for yourself?  :whistle:  I have been talking about buying myself a new TV and I will likely finally purchase it and bring it home this weekend.  Once I do, I will post which one I got.  I know my father is giving out gift cards for Christmas.  Mine will probably be to Wal-Mart though I don't know for how much.  I will probably blow it on Blu-ray titles.  ::)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to buy yourself something for Christmas!  :thumbup:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 06:42:10 PM »
I don't know what I'm getting yet but my mom's getting the complete Ally McBeal collection and a Vonda Sheperd CD with Ally songs.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
Sheesh.... only 8 days left and you just couldn't stand waiting to show off your addictions, huh? :P
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »
I have gotten a couple of things early. Both my new 24" monitor and my lizard are early gifts. But I have already posted photos of both of them on this site somewhere.

hal9g

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 12:47:35 AM »
Well, as posted elsewhere, I am getting a new desktop PC for Christmas....an unplanned gift I am buying for myself.

In addition, my wife is giving me two of these.

I already have three of this size, plus two that are double-wides (as opposed to triple-wides).  I hope to get three more of the double wides for my birthday in March, which means I will finally be able to get all of my DVD/Blu rays in the same cabinets/shelves.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:50:19 AM by Hal »

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 12:52:39 AM »
I received an early Christmas present from my parents, a Sony Full HD 120GB HDD Camcorder.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 12:54:59 AM »
You guys are getting some very cool goodies!  :thumbup:
Pete

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 01:00:05 AM »
You guys are getting some very cool goodies!  :thumbup:

I see you got some DVDs, I would have never guessed that.  :laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
I have gotten a couple of things early. Both my new 24" monitor and my lizard are early gifts. But I have already posted photos of both of them on this site somewhere.

What brand is your monitor? I have a Benq 21.5" Full HD LCD. They are so cheap these days. My first flat screen monitor was a 19" and it cost $1000. My Benq was worth less than a quarter of that. 

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 01:36:38 AM »
In another game of Hangman I found out I am getting...

Stealth
From the director of xXx and The Fast and the Furious comes an exhilarating epic blockbuster starring Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel and Academy Award® winner Jamie Foxx (Best Actor, RAY, 2004). Breathtaking from take-off, it thrusts you in the cockpit, hits Mach 5 and never looks back.

Henry, Ben and Kara are hands down the world's best tactical fighter pilots. But a new member joins their team, a state-of-the-art, fully-automated, pilotless, super stealth warplane – inhuman and invincible. But once this stealth goes up it's never coming down, wreaking destruction in seconds across the globe, leaving the team with one last no-fail mission: to stop it – no matter what.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 01:50:01 AM »

What brand is your monitor? I have a Benq 21.5" Full HD LCD. They are so cheap these days. My first flat screen monitor was a 19" and it cost $1000. My Benq was worth less than a quarter of that. 

I've got an Acer. This Acer: http://www.tvpdirect.com.au/Acer-G245H-Widescreen-Full-P31799.aspx

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 05:41:17 AM »
I think I might be getting a Playstation 3 from a friend. 

I'm sure I'll get some movies..just not sure what yet. 
Every year my mom and step dad get me the holiday collectable Barbie doll.  I have almost all of them.  My mom got me the very first one from like 1988 or 1989...I'm missing a few..but they've gotten me every one since they have been married...ummm...18 years now I think.  So I'm pretty sure I'm getting the one for this year. 

Rogmeister

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
Do you have Barbie as Wonder Woman?  If I were to buy one Barbie, that's the one I would want.   :whistle:  Of course, that came out at least 4-5 years ago so it's probably a pricey collectible by now.