Author Topic: The First Time You Went to the Cinema  (Read 3051 times)

Najemikon

Re: The First Time You Went to the Cinema
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
I think my first was my mum taking me to see Snow White. IMDB doesn't list the UK, but it must have been the European re-release around 1980. I can still remember seeing "Hi-Ho" on the screen! She also took me to see Bambi and The Lady and the Tramp. I don't think my dad was into Disney.  :P Mind you he never liked the cinema very much anyway, but they still took me to Temple of Doom and Return of the Jedi (the Millenium Falcon sweeping across the screen was possibly the reason I'm here on this forum now).

Critter

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 12:57:13 PM »
but they still took me to Temple of Doom

My Dad made me watch Temple of Doom with him when I was really young. I was terrified. Of course when I watch it now I don't even find it scary at all, but back then I was so scared that I couldn't sleep for a month.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 01:54:45 PM »
As far as I remember the first movie I have seen at the cinema is "The Jungle Book". Somehow I always remembered it being in 1986 with me being six years old. But according to IMDb the German re-release was in 1987.
The second movie that I have seen was "The Bear". And the third movie I have seen in the cinema (and the first one that not my parents but I had chosen and had to pursuade my dad to take me to) was "Werner - Beinhart". Beginning around 1992 I started to go to the cinema without my parents. I don't remember any order of movies watched after that point.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure the first movie my mom brought me to see was The Empire Strikes Back and she hated it. The things our mothers do to keep their children happy...  Yay mom!!  :bow:

snowcat

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
Hmm, the first film I went to see in the cinema was the Lion King, i have very vivid memories of this.

It was 94, so i was around 5 or 6, it was my cousins birthday, we got to the showcase cinema and me my cousin, his two brothers and my uncle sat in the very front row. I had some popcorn and a drink, and I remember I coughed alot all the way through the film.

The Lion King is one of my favourite films, I always wonder if this experience is part of the reason...

Halo2

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »
The first film I remember going to see with my parents was Gone With the Wind in 1954 or 55. This would have been in San Diego.
I also remember seeing a string of Disney films including Fantasia, Bambi, Snow White and Cinderella.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
First film for me was Fantasia in the mid-1950's when I was 5 or 6.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.