Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 2281 times)

hal9g

Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
A little early, but here's wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.   :thundergod:

I hope everyone can find something to be thankful for.  I know, personally, I have much, including friends here at DVD Collectors Online.

MEJHarrison

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
Thanks Hal.  Hope you, and everyone else, has a great holiday.  But for now, I'm back to today which is my wife's birthday.  I'll worry about Thanksgiving tomorrow. :laugh:

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »
Happy Thanks-taking!  *sneaks away with your tv set* :whistle:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:13:20 AM »
Happy Thanks-taking!  *sneaks away with your tv set* :whistle:
As long as you were able to carry it alone and still sneak, you probably only took the the small 50" from the guests bathroom anyway.  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Taiwan doesn't celebrate Thanskgiving at all, which is (regarding the food and my figure) probably a good thing :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:34:59 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans of the forum!
It is just America is it? Or is it Canada as well?  :hmmmm:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans of the forum!
It is just America is it? Or is it Canada as well?  :hmmmm:
Well, you can always say you meant the continent anyway. ;) :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »
Canada has their Thanksgiving earlier...in October I think.

I think we've got all the goodies we need for what we are fixing.  Will start getting some stuff ready later today..this evening..whatever.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Well I decided I wanted a lemon meringue pie and coconut creme...so back to the store.
I baked the pie crusts last night - store bought..I do not make them from scratch anymore.  I baked them the exact time it said on the box and the right temp, and they are both over done. 

I make a pumpkin chiffon pie that is really good.  It calls for separating eggs..the pumpkin mixture uses the yolks and the whites get beat with sugar...and then cool whip is added.  So I had more trouble than usual separating the eggs.  Some yolk in the egg whites...so that ruined like 2.  Then was doing ok with the whites...and I go and hold the egg over the yolks, adding egg white to those instead of the whites bowl.  So there goes 2 more I think.  I don't even know how many eggs I went through just trying to separate 4.   :laugh:  The pumpkin mixture goes on the stove till it gets thicker - milk and egg yolks in it.  Well I left the stove for a few minutes and go back and it is popping...splattering pumpkin all over the stove..some even hit the floor.  I think I'm jinxed this year.   :laugh:

I'm still not sure the egg whites will get stiff like they need too..looks like there are still tiny traces of yolk in them.

Critter

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »
That Pumpkin Chiffon Pie experience sounds like what happens to me anytime I even step into the kitchen. Say, what's 'whip'?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 10:58:31 AM »
Cool Whip is the brand name...it's ..umm.  Like whipped creme.  It is used in some deserts...put on pies.  Stuff like that.  It is in the freezer section at grocery stores here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Whip

Critter

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 11:01:47 AM »
Oh haha! When you said 'cool whip' I thought that 'whip' was the thing and that you added it while it was cool. Yeah we don't have that here, I've never even heard of it.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
Be grateful - there is nothing appetizing about Cool Whip. It is made mostly of air, water, oil, corn syrup and a bunch of additional thickening agents. It tastes nothing like real whipped cream.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:59:14 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

I want to pop in to say how thankful I am for  my family and friends. Especially all the really wonderful people I have met on this site. Some of the most kind... and most generous people I ever met!

Well I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner here today... so I will only be on as I can between preparing different dishes. It is 6am here and I already have our turkey in the oven, Salad and cole slaw is already made. Unfortunately there is much.. MUCH more that needs to be done.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope most of you have the day off and do nothing but eat, drink and have fun.

I volunteered to work 1pm to 11pm today. I made a huge homemade apple pie yesterday and that is all the cooking I need to do.