Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories!  (Read 2754 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Conspiracy Theories!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
I always loved the Bielefeld Conspiracy.

Supposedly there is a city in Germany called 'Bielefeld'. But I know no one who's ever been there. And I know no one who knows someone who's ever been there. But THEY want to make us believe that the city actually exists. THEY even built autobahn signs and exits to make us believe that it exists. If you ever meet someone who claims to have been there, beware! He is one of THEM!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielefeld_Conspiracy
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
I always loved the Bielefeld Conspiracy.

Supposedly there is a city in Germany called 'Bielefeld'. But I know no one who's ever been there. And I know no one who knows someone who's ever been there. But THEY want to make us believe that the city actually exists. THEY even built autobahn signs and exits to make us believe that it exists. If you ever meet someone who claims to have been there, beware! He is one of THEM!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielefeld_Conspiracy
I knew someone who wanted to find out, never saw him again. Probably he knew too much.
(And don't get distracted by the fact that I met him at a party with about 500 other people and had never met this guy before either)

Critter

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
There was one special on (that I actually have somewhere) that was pretty convincing in terms of the fakery evidence that they gave... things like, why did the lander not create any kind of indent if it had such powerful jets to land it smoothly, yet the ground was "a fine powder" that easy left a 2 1/2 inch impression when the first step was made on the moon?

The show MythBusters (of all things) debunked many of the biggest ideas which I was shocked I'd never seen people attempt to debunk on television before (not that it never happened on tv... just that I had never seen it done)

I may have watched the same program once, or at least a similar one in which they were trying to prove that it was a fake. They did have a lot of good evidence. I don't remember most of it now, especially the specifics to do with it but things like reusing the same set in different shots, even though they were supposed to be in different areas. As well as the lighting not being natural and being lit in such angles that would suggest studio lighting etc.

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 04:02:39 AM »
Well, the most common theories, by definition, or much more well known, so it's difficult to say if we saw the exact same thing.

I found it and it was called "Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon" and aired by the FOX network here.
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Critter

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 04:08:17 AM »
I don't remember what the one I watched was called. It was many years ago and I only have a blurred memory of it. I remember being thoroughly convinced by the end though.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 04:11:11 AM »
I found it and it was called "Conspiracy Theory: Did We Land on the Moon" and aired by the FOX network here.

That isn't saying much. The Fox network makes some good shows, but their news team are on crack.