Author Topic: Sometimes spammers are clueless  (Read 2202 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes spammers are clueless
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
Bold are mine

A part payment of .7 Million Dollars has already been approved a by Federal Executive Council(Federal Government of Nigeria) this morning, all you are required to do now is to provide your Bank information where you want your contract funds or winnings to be transferred into.

Only 700,000 $ this isn't a lot and you don't even know if it is from a fund or a lottery winning. The Nigerian officials doesn't do a really good job I think :whistle:

You are advise to provide all the information to me via Email: (fforeignremitdept@rocketmail.com)

Of course, but why the Nigerian governement use a free email service and not an official .gov service :shrug: 

Name:

(skip the rest)

OK the governement worked on this since they owe me 700,000$ and they don't know my name :hmmmm:

Kindly provide the information's within the next 24hrs to our telex department make the transfer of the .7 Million Dollars into your Bank account without any delay.

But if you don't want wire transfer,we can issue you a Certified Bank draft or Automatic Teller Machine (ATM CARD) which will be delivered directly to your address, as well as cash cargo delivery, If you prefer this method, kindly provide your full name, address and telephone, let us know, if ATM or Bank Draft.

It's nice to have a choice :thumbup:

Incase if you want it via cash payment, we can make arrangement for your payment to be pay to you via Diplomatic Cash Delivery, or you can travel to any of our off-shore payment center's in Europe or Asia.  We wish to inform you to get back to us very fast,because we are in the last quarter payment of the year 2010.

I don't know why but when I did a research on Diplomatic Cash Delivery everything I found was 419 and no governement or official diplomatic office :hmmmm:

Awaits your urgent response.

I think I'll pass... 700,000$ doesn't really worth my time

Regards,

Alhaji Mr. Suleiman Barau

Director Telex Remittance Department(CBN)
Head Office, Abuja - Nigeria.

This guy got a serious demotion... 2 years ago he was the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and the Chief Security Officer

Tel: +234 909 111 081

This number doesn't exist... how can I reach him if I want to talk :shrug:

Email: fforeignremitdept@rocketmail.com

Oh yeah the free email service ;)

Offline Blair

• Heavy Poster
  • ¡umop apisdn w,I
    • View Profile
    • My DVD Collection
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 03:08:04 AM »
I have a pay Yahoo account which allows for unlimited disposable mail addresses. Although there are several sites that you can use to do much the same thing, I find the one with Yahoo much more convenient.

I use them for pretty much everything: registering a website, sending an e-mail, posting something that requires an e-mail (making it public, easy prey for e-mail sniffers). I even often give different ones to different friends just to see if I end up receiving messages later (likely as a result of viruses on their computers). I do use my primary e-mail address on Yahoo for some specific things, but because of the disposable ones, I get absolutely no junk mail in it, and the disposable addresses and be deleted so those messages never arrive anymore.

What amuses me the most is when I have to post an e-mail in public that doesn't require a username... the e-mail usually begins with something simple like "Hi" or "Hey there" and the message (because the only 'name' they could go by was my address, it says something like "Hello Mr. wehrjw-2385" :laugh:
I have a collection.
It can be found here.
No need to check it often.
I update it only twice a year!

Never go to bed mad. Sleep on the couch instead.

There are a few broken branches in every family tree.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2010, 02:55:34 PM »
I used to do that with my Yahoo account. For example, I created an address "ya_shin-dvdp@yahoo.com" (not the actual address) for use in all DVD Profiler related forums. Recently I received spam on that address, but now I can't quite identify where exactly it's sourced, since I used the address in several places :slaphead: (although, when I did that the addresses were limited to 50, IIRC).

But most of the internet terms name in french canadian are pretty idiotics (I'm sure Sebastien will agree with me on that).

Definitely. And why I always use programs in english. Most of the time, the words used don't even make sense.
It's the same in German, which is why I am using all my software in English. I am happy that my company use a multi-lingual Windows :)

(namely, have the company logo at the exact same spot on every slide, because before I did that, it was jumping all over the place).
I hate that too! I often comb through a colleague's presentation before we are giving it to straighten things out :bag: