Author Topic: WoW: Cataclysm Lauch - Berlin  (Read 1499 times)

Dr. Hasslein

WoW: Cataclysm Lauch - Berlin
« on: December 08, 2010, 02:57:20 AM »
I'v never played World of Warcraft or know a great deal about it but the Germans seem to be very much into it.  :laugh:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/gaming/gallery-e6frfrt9-1225967058856?page=1

Critter

Re: WoW: Cataclysm Lauch - Berlin
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 03:07:45 AM »
It's no where near just the Germans. Soon enough images like that will be appearing from Cataclysm launch days worldwide. Some good cosplay there, it makes me excited for the next Supanova in Melbourne.

Critter

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 03:26:50 AM »
Check out this video for a never-ending line of people in Moscow waiting for the launch.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 05:03:04 AM »
I preordered my copy online...it was delivered to the house so no long lines for me. 

I'm installing it now..then I'll probably try to play a bit tonight.  Though there may be a wait to log on...so I'll see.

Critter

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 05:07:05 AM »
Ah but the lines are half the fun! For me anyway. I've always loved events like this. So many excited people in the same area, all looking forward to the same thing, the atmosphere is awesome!

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 05:09:40 AM »
You're a fan Marie? I would never have picked it. I fail to see what's so great about it but if you enjoy it go for it.

I've only even played Warcraft 2 on PC, which I still play today now and then.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »
Ah but the lines are half the fun! For me anyway. I've always loved events like this. So many excited people in the same area, all looking forward to the same thing, the atmosphere is awesome!

You've obviously never been to an event like the PS3 launch at my local EB Games.
There would have been ten people there easy. We all just sat in the food court in almost total silence until the 12:01am. The most uneventful event in history!

Critter

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:11 AM »
haha, well of course I don't like the lame ones. I like the big events! They are so much fun!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:58 AM »
I physically can't stand for long periods of time...bad hips.  Also, I don't like crowds.

I do like the game.  It has issues - many of which are the rude idiots you run into at times.  But I have fun with it.  I usually just play a few hours at a time..I'm not a hard core player..I don't do tons of raiding...just a few dungeons every so often.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 05:25:33 AM »
haha, well of course I don't like the lame ones. I like the big events! They are so much fun!

That whole night was bit of a let down. When I finally got home I had splitting head ache and I had hooked up the PS3 via the AV cables instead of the HDMI which I also purchased. So I'm sitting there thinking to myself that the quality of this is very underwhelming. Plus my first game was Call of Duty 3 so that did exactly boost my confidence in my $999 console purchase. So went to bed. The next day I finally hooked it up via HDMI, now it's all good!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:44:32 AM »
I'm installing it now..then I'll probably try to play a bit tonight. 
Oh, oh. We won't see Marie again for a few month now... :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:16 AM »
I'm not that bad :p

I got it all installed and was able to log right now.  I saw on the forums for the game that some people were stuck waiting for hours to log on on high population servers.  When the last expansion came out, there were long wait times on mine...that was annoying.  It would be good if enough people switched servers or something so that doesn't happen again.