Author Topic: Multiple Dip and Multiple Format  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: Multiple Dip and Multiple Format
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
I wanted to post two days ago. I had a rather long post already written. I was about to hit "post", when my PC suddenly thought it should just shut down and reboot. As it was late and I was a little pissed off about it, I didn't compose a new post. Maybe when I have more time I will try again  :laugh:
Bottom line of my post was: I avoid double-dipping. Only have done so far for a few movies where my first release was of poor quality and a much better version was released. I have bought a few extended and/or director's cuts. My first Blu-ray double-dip is coming up now (the first after almost two years of buying Blu-rays). And even this one is because of my DVD having really poor picture quality, and I would haven't double-dipped it even for a DVD in the past, if I would have known about a better version.
I sold some of my first releases in the past, when you still got money for it. Now I don't even bother. I would give them away for free now, if someone would be interested.

Najemikon

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:53:02 PM »

...Its not my fault the covers looked nicer!! :p

for example

and (I cant find the DVD version... but its the same as the soundtrack cover)

:p now which do you prefer!

I don't question your choice, but why keep the old one? That is what makes you... a bit odd. :tease:

I wanted to post two days ago. I had a rather long post already written. I was about to hit "post", when my PC suddenly thought it should just shut down and reboot. As it was late and I was a little pissed off about it, I didn't compose a new post. Maybe when I have more time I will try again  :laugh:
Bottom line of my post was: I avoid double-dipping. Only have done so far for a few movies where my first release was of poor quality and a much better version was released. I have bought a few extended and/or director's cuts. My first Blu-ray double-dip is coming up now (the first after almost two years of buying Blu-rays). And even this one is because of my DVD having really poor picture quality, and I would haven't double-dipped it even for a DVD in the past, if I would have known about a better version.
I sold some of my first releases in the past, when you still got money for it. Now I don't even bother. I would give them away for free now, if someone would be interested.

I certainly haven't been able to sell many recently, but it still shocks me how certain titles still fetch anything.

snowcat

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 10:26:21 PM »
:p im a hoarder Jon .... I find it hard to sell things LOL

I was promised a bedroom redecoration if I got rid of my VHS :p

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2010, 07:18:59 AM »
I doubled dipped again like a week ago for the 35th Anniversary of Rocky Horror Picture Show on Blu-ray.  It looks awesome.  Seriously, fans of this movie need to get the Blu-ray.  It has a nice little book case thing - like North by Northwest with lots of pictures and lots of extras.  I still haven't watched them all, but the ones I've watched have been good.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »
I doubled dipped again like a week ago for the 35th Anniversary of Rocky Horror Picture Show on Blu-ray.  It looks awesome.  Seriously, fans of this movie need to get the Blu-ray.  It has a nice little book case thing - like North by Northwest with lots of pictures and lots of extras.  I still haven't watched them all, but the ones I've watched have been good.
:redcard:

It was already on my wish list... It would/will be a triple dip for me. (Although, admittedly. the double-dip happened because I lost the original disc. :bag:)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 08:38:13 AM »
 :laugh:

It was partially your fault I double dipped on North by Northwest ...so this is my revenge.  :lol

Though I still blame Jon for me double dipping on this one.  Just because.   :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 01:43:09 PM »
Nah, you can't blame me for a musical!  :laugh:

lovemunkey187

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
Kung Fu Hustle. DVDx2 & Blu

Serenity. DVDx2 & Blu My copy has got a really nice slip cover
Outlander

Underworld

Alien & Predator. DVD & VHS* I fully intend buying the Alien films on Blu, assuming that the "Egg" Limited Edition is truth and not rumour.

I, Robot

Sin City (x17) DVD & UMD*

Seven Swords. DVD, this special edition was released with miniature replicas of the titular swords, in colour and black versions. Bought both.

*not pictured

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:06 PM »
I fully intend buying the Alien films on Blu, assuming that the "Egg" Limited Edition is truth and not rumour.

I guess you mean this egg
Alien Anthology

Seven Swords. DVD, this special edition was released with miniature replicas of the titular swords, in colour and black versions. Bought both.

I double dipped for one of those, I'm not sure what colour swords I got though will have to check.

In a similar vein I got the Chess Box Set edition of Curse of the Golden Flower, no pic sorry as the disc within it had already been used for a discid profile.

A third box set I managed to get hold of was
Wonderful Days

the original full length version of the Korean animation that was released, slightly edited, over here as Sky Blue which I also have.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2010, 12:46:49 AM »
Nah, you can't blame me for a musical!  :laugh:

It is still Blu-ray, so I can still blame you.  You get blamed for all my Blu-ray purchases remember? ;) 

lovemunkey187

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 05:28:39 PM »
I fully intend buying the Alien films on Blu, assuming that the "Egg" Limited Edition is truth and not rumour.

Alien Anthology

:bag: Just ordered it.

In a similar vein I got the Chess Box Set edition of Curse of the Golden Flower, no pic sorry as the disc within it had already been used for a discid profile.

Not heard of this, would be very interested in seeing some pics if possible, please.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 12:14:19 AM »

Not heard of this, would be very interested in seeing some pics if possible, please.

I'll try and get something sorted.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »

Alien Anthology

:bag: Just ordered it.profile.
Mine just arrived.  :yahoo:

Cannot open the package yet, as I am in the office working 5 more hours until I can go home to do so.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »
I did it again.  But in my defense...it is Harry Potter.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 05:37:28 AM »
I did it again.  But in my defense...it is Harry Potter.
I am waiting with those. I am worried they are breaking the style at some point and then all 8 won't match. Ideally there will be a Box Set at next year's holiday season with all 8 in one box, based on these Ultimate Editions.

EDIT:
Then again, you made a good point in the other thread :hmmmm::

I can afford to get 1 or 2 at a time...getting all 7..well 8 at once would be tougher.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:43:46 AM by Achim »