Author Topic: WRUP - What are you playing?  (Read 51802 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: WRUP - What are you playing?
« Reply #495 on: May 17, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »
Did some more Warcraft stuff..and I've started Diablo III.

Have played just under 2 hours so far..my only character - a wizard - is level six. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 18, 2012, 07:28:32 AM »
You think you'll find time for Warcraft AND Diablo III...?

:bow:

I am hoping to get Max Payne 3 today and sink some time into that. When I went to Rockstar's Social Club the other day and saw the time I supposedly played red Dead Redemption I got a bit scared. But my story is that they had a bug that would double up on the times for a while and they apparently never fixed that :-X

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #497 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:32 AM »
I have so far....well I didn't play any WoW tonight..but I don't always play that everyday.  And I honestly don't know how far I'll be able to get in Diablo III.  It starts out in normal mode..and holy cow there are lots of monsters attacking at once at times.  I don't think I'd do well with Nightmare.

I played Diablo III more tonight. 

I have played just over 5 hours now and am level 10.  I have the Templar follower.  He does help in fights.
I fought the first boss - Skeleton King - and killed him the first try.  I did have use a few health potions, but I didn't die.

I have died once so far in playing the game..mainly because I forgot the potion was on the bar thingy.  Oops.  lol  But I think I'm doing ok.  It is a different sort of game play that I'm still getting use to.  But I'm having fun with it.

I've seen people posting on the boards for the game that some people hit level 60 - evidently that is the max level - in something like 6 hours.  That just seems nuts to me.  I think some of them were doing the cooperative stuff where you can play with other people.  I haven't done that.  I'm just doing it myself.  Though I know there are people who rush to the new level caps in WoW when the expansions come out too.  I'm doing what I do in that game...taking my time. 

It tells me when I log in a character on WoW how many days I've played that character.  With some of my lower characters that I'm still leveling up, it has just added up to a few days - it counts 24 hours played in game as a day played.  For my main character...I'm honestly not sure how long it is.  I think I've blocked it out.   :laugh:  Hmmm....I probably started playing WoW 4 or 5 years ago.  Yikes.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 18, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »

...I have played just over 5 hours now...

Why I don't play games!  :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #499 on: June 08, 2012, 04:57:04 AM »
(Typing from my own PC!! Finally!)

Finished Mass Effect 3 last weekend. I liked the game, but the character faces looked wrong the whole time - overly shiny, especially the lips - but I like the streamlined faster combat.

Storywise? Well, it's still Mass Effect, so the story was good. Not enough squad interaction for my taste though. And I felt the game was too compartmentalized, a bit too linear.

I hate that Bioware did not deliver on their promise! It is actually impossible to get the "best" ending without playing multiplayer, or any of the other "Galaxy at War" apps. There is just not enough war assets to get it high enough without improving Galactic readiness - which means Bioware lied because they saiid it is possible to get the best ending all in the singleplayer campaign.

And the ending .. Well, I didn't mind it. Was I spoiled because of all the controversy and I knew I would be disappointed? Maybe. But I thought it fit with the story .. even if a little too esoteric for me.

(click to show/hide)

So all in all, good game, but it underdelivered on its promises. Still a good game, but it is not a game where "your choices shape the future" as much as they said it would.

4/5

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 08, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
There was two big complaints on the internet.

• Decision had no impact:
    Well, what do people expect? Technology isn't quit ethat far yet to have a vastly different ending just because a decision you made two games earlier. Although, it's Bioware's own fault as they apparnetly marketed it that way.
    I found that the decisions had small impact on how the various chapters played out and related to the characters who were involved in the original decision. I think that is all I could expect really. I was always clear that the ending would be similar, although here it seemed to be way more similar than they made us believe in marketing.
  • The ending:
    (click to show/hide)

And then of course: What does it all mean...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 08, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »
Technology isn't quit ethat far yet to have a vastly different ending just because a decision you made two games earlier.
Final Fantasy 6 did it 18 years ago and Chrono Trigger 17 years ago and Ogre Battle 15 years ago :whistle:

Maybe less FF6 and CT, but every decision / fight / special items had an influence on wich one of the 13 different ending you'll got for Ogre Battle.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:26:20 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 09, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »
Haven't post a Cracked article in a while... time to rectified this ;D

5 Great Ways to Destroy Your Highly Anticipated Video Game