Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles  (Read 14520 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »
Any plans on starting this group marathon within the next weeks?
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 12:59:48 PM »
I am all for one... but hopefully we will wait till the beginning of Nov. at the earliest... or I will have to play catch-up!  :P
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 02:51:51 PM »
Yes, November sounds o.k. I have difficulties finishing the horror marathon already, no need to throw some TV episodes in the mix :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
Well.. thought I would bring back this thread to let you all know that it looks like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been canceled.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/

scroll down to story.
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »
Well, as I said earlier in this thread, I don't mind it being cancelled. The really sad thing is that, despite my reservations and the mixed reviews, I still look forward to the S2 DVDs of TSCC much more than to Whedon's Dollhouse.
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 06:06:45 AM »
Well.. thought I would bring back this thread to let you all know that it looks like Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles has been canceled.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/

scroll down to story.

Well phooey :(

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
TSCC has been officially cancelled.  :-\
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2009, 08:43:21 PM »
I missed most of the season 2 episodes... but I will get it on DVD when (if?) it is released. It is a shame it was canceled because what I did see of the show I liked!

I almost cried when Medium was canceled yesterday... until I read that CBS my pick it up. And sure enough... next season it will be on CBS... following Ghost Whisperer! Great night!  ;D
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 01:33:23 AM »
And Medium is going to be on at the same time as Dollhouse.

I'm disappointed that Terminator got canceled too.  There was still a lot of potential there.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
To pull the conversation over here...

I've recently read a very critical review of Dollhouse over at DVDTimes. But in the end, the reviewer agreed with Fox' decision, saying that TSCC had its chance and blew it in the 2nd season. Since you have most likely seen both through your usual channels, would you agree?

Mild spoilers are open, heavy spoilers spoilered.

Today I watched the most part of the second season (til the end) and I have to say I am torn.

The show felt odd/strange most of the time (I'd say "merkwürdig" in German). This entire three dots arc was unsatisfactory because they made new riddles all the times and every solution was a dead end. And when the solution appeared it happened in a moment where no one could care less.

And then there was this Riley arc that I only liked until a certain point. (btw: the actress of Riley reminded me a lot of LOST's Claire)
(click to show/hide)

There were also a number of weird episodes that tried to change the way of storytelling but it rarely worked out for me.

The only thing that worked really well and that made me wanting to see another season was the open end cliffhanger. But that's not enough and I can understand why the ratings were constantly dropping.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 10:00:10 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2009, 06:01:49 AM »
Karsten, you post such comments now in two threads, whcih makes me wonder whether I should get the second season at all.

How did you like the first season, in comparison? I enjoyed the first season a lot, would I be more likely to ewnjoy season 2 in that case?

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »
Karsten, you post such comments now in two threads, whcih makes me wonder whether I should get the second season at all.

He just moved it over from an unreleated thread to a better suited one. And although Karsten's summary is more on the negative side, I'm actually intrigued by it.
Matthias

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2009, 09:19:22 AM »
How did you like the first season, in comparison? I enjoyed the first season a lot, would I be more likely to ewnjoy season 2 in that case?

I liked the first season better. Even back then they had no intention of following any time-travel logic but at least the episodes were straight-forward. Maybe I'm too overly-critic but that entire three dots thingy totally threw me off-track.
Karsten

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »
I guess I may just not make it an urgent matter and get it during the next DeepDiscount sale, making sure I pay less.

Critter

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2009, 01:48:49 PM »
It was a poor move on FOX's behalf to cancel this show. The ratings werent even that bad, they only chose Dollhouse over TSCC becuase it was cheaper to produce. Damn cheapos at FOX! :(