Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Am I the only one?
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
OK... brother was just making fun of me. Am I the only one that is this anal about my DVDs?

I was putting a DVD back in the case... and I heard a bunch of crap because I feel the need that if the disc is an image disc (not duel sided discs) I have a need to put the disc in the case so the top of the disc is at the top... bottom at the bottom. Sure I know it turns a little at times when you store the case and all... but I can't help it I need to put it in the case correctly.

I am the same when putting the disc in the DVD player... when I sit it in the tray I do it so I am able to read the disc sitting in the tray.

I never really noticed this about myself before... it is just the way I have always done it.

So what do you say... am I beyond help anal... and/or am I not alone?
Pete

kahless

Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
I think I do this unknowingly the same way! When I open a case or digipack or whatever, I like to read the labeling instantly!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:15 PM »
You are anal!  :tease:

Actually, most of the time I do it this way. The only exception is if it is two sided and has the widescreen version on the bottom side. Then, I put it in the case widescreen up so that I don't put the full screen in the DVD player and then have to reverse it.

So, I guess I am anal too!  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
I always place my disc on the correct side when I place them in the case. It just seems normal to me and I do this with all my cd also (I want to see the disc art and writing correctly when I open the case). But I ain't maniac enough to do the same when I put them in a reader, since they spin and I want to see the film and not the disc in these occasion.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
I have to admit that I'm rather un-careful with my discs. There are currently 5 discs lying openly on my desk that need to be put back into their cases and several discs that are in the wrong cases. When I put the case back in the shelf I make sure that the (right) disc is in it. But certainly not that the label is aligned.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
I have to admit that I'm rather un-careful with my discs. There are currently 5 discs lying openly on my desk that need to be put back into their cases and several discs that are in the wrong cases. When I put the case back in the shelf I make sure that the (right) disc is in it. But certainly not that the label is aligned.
Heretic!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
 :laugh:

Well I am glad to know that I am at the very least not alone in this. At least not for putting it in the case. Don't know why I do the same thing when I put it in the player. Just automatically do for some reason.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
:bag: I have this problem also.

I think the only thing Im very anal about when it comes to DVDs is, I like to watch all trailers before and all the credits.... my friends go crazy, especially if there are alot of trailers or the credits are long... 

I have been left alone in the cinema many times, with just a cinema attendant tutting at me to keep me company :p

I went to see Kung Fu Panda the cinema was packed out I was the only person who stayed until after the credits... my friends laughed at me! But WHOS LAUGHING NOW!!
(click to show/hide)

RossRoy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:18:52 PM »
When I purchase new DVD, one of the first things I do after removing the shrink wrap is make sure they are right side up.

So yeah, you can say I am anal about having the disc in the correct orientation in the case.

I do not care in the reader though. kinda pointless to place them when as soon as you close it, it's gonna turn and undo what you just did ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »
I know... thinking about that I think my doing that just comes from the way they are in the case I grab them and put them straight into the player. So if they are upright in the case... then they are usually upright in the player. Not like if it isn't perfectly straight in the player I will turn it so it is before I close the tray.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
I am not anal about it. I believe the way you do it is simply the only and the correct way to do it ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
Sounds right to me Achim!  :thumbup:  :laugh:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:44:13 PM »
Just to be sure, Pete...you should go and check every one of your DVD discs to make sure they are all positioned correctly!  :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
 :laugh: I only do that when I am ready to watch them again! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
I never thought about it before, but I do that too.  At least with having them the right way in the case.  One of the first things I do when I get a new one is open the case and then turn the disc so it is in the case the right way.   :laugh: