Author Topic: Nearly time again  (Read 914 times)

lovemunkey187

Nearly time again
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »
Well, on the 27th of this month I will once more be heading to the U-S of A fora couple of weeks.

This time I've got 4 days in Atlanta, 8 days in Cincinnati and 2 days inLexington.

Anyone recommend things to see and do in Atlanta? I have been told of a couple of place but more won't do any harm, please bear in mind that any suggestion will have to be do able by foot or public transport.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Nearly time again
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »
You might find Underground Atlanta interesting. This web site also gives you a list of nearby things that you might like also:

http://www.underground-atlanta.com/about-us/history-of-underground.html

Rogmeister

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »
Going to a baseball game?  Both Atlanta and Cincinatti have winning teams that could make the playoffs.  There's no major league team in Lexington, though.  I don't know if the Braves and/or Reds will be having home games while you're in their cities, though.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »
Anyone recommend things to see and do in Atlanta?

If you don't mind do a little driving, then check out some of the Civil War battlefields and monuments. The Atlanta campaign was a pivotal part in bringing about an end to that war. You have Stone Mountain, Kennesaw and the prison camp at Andersonville, all within a relative short drive from Atlanta.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Will take a look at the link shortly.

Not a fan of rounders...I mean baseball.

The Civil War stuff could be interesting but in Atlanta I won't have use of a car.