Author Topic: Just passed 5000  (Read 5486 times)

Mustrum_Ridcully

Re: Just passed 5000
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 01:54:38 PM »
"Unfortunately" I use phpDVDProfiler which gives me totals per currency

You could use "Database Query" for this too.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
I also enter all purchases with their original currency. I have a SQL query to show my totals per currency. It's always a shock at the end of the year, when we list our totals. I have the feeling I will break my record this year even though I wanted to purchase less this year. On the other hand, I hardly buy any TV show sets anymore. Maybe this will bring down my total a little.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 03:46:03 PM »
I just ticked over the 7000 mark this weekend. 7010 dvd movie/sets and 213 bluray movie/sets to be exact.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »
I recently passed 2000. Not profiles but collection number. I give one to each purchase item. I.e. parent boxset gets one, child profiles not. My profiles total is about 2200, as I do not create child disc profiles for TV sets. Otherwise it would be much more.

KinkyCyborg

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
I recently passed 2000. Not profiles but collection number. I give one to each purchase item. I.e. parent boxset gets one, child profiles not. My profiles total is about 2200, as I do not create child disc profiles for TV sets. Otherwise it would be much more.

Me neither. One set, one entry.

Kinoniki

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 12:57:38 AM »
I have three collections in Profiler so it gets a bit complicated... One each for HD DVD, Blu-ray and DVD. Together they still don't reach 4000 though. And for the first 700 DVDs or thereabouts I still haven't entered the purchase price since I was using another tracker at the time. And I also never did the currency conversion to SEK so it's a mess of different currencies. Finding out the real price in SEK after all these years would be nearly impossible. Probably just as well that I'll never know.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 06:45:09 PM »
I have now 2841 profiles with a Count As of 2458.

I have 777 films in 824 profiles.

I have 1664 series discs in 2000 profiles and 313 seasons.

And I have 17 special interest discs in 17 profiles.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Fasteddie33

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 03:19:31 AM »
Ok,whats the difference between a dvd and a profile??...Im assuming a child profile is a kids movie??...Sorry,but Im still kinda new to DVD Profiler....I also didnt know I could put in the purchase price,as it did it for me,although,I would never pay those prices,LOL!!!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 05:31:23 AM »
A child profile is a movie or disc that is part of a box set...like the discs in a tv show set, or the movies in ..like..The Rambo DVD set.  Least that is how I understand it.

You can do profiles for every disc - like each disc in a season of a tv show - or you just have the main profile for the season of the series itself.  So the profiles could be the same number as titles you own, or it could be higher if you do the tv show discs...or it could be less if you just do the box sets as 1 for the movie sets and don't do profiles for each individual movie in the set.  You can choose to do it how you want.

I have profiles for all the movies in box sets and for each disc of tv shows so I can better track when I watch them.  I do manual profiles - after I finally figured out how to do that - for the ones that I can't add by disc id.  Some tv show discs won't add that way..and some movies in box sets won't either, especially if there are two movies on one disc.  I think I had the program for a few years before I figured out manual profiles.  There's still some stuff I haven't' figured out too. 

Hope my explanation  makes sense...though I may not be right..that's just how I understand it and do it.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 05:54:09 AM »
Thanks alot!!...it makes alot more sense now!!!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 07:21:30 AM »
Glad my explanation made sense. :)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
I never worried about counting or numbering my collection. I just enter my DVDs by UPC or Disc Id and whatever comes up gets entered.

If there are child profiles I click "yes" to enter them and if not, I'll enter them some day.

I occasionally will "Reassign Collection Numbers" by title but that is only to keep everything in alphabetical order.

I have too many DVDs to try and reorganize or change anything now. I suppose I could but I don't really care about statistical type data.

Fasteddie33

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »
Thats what I do also,just type in the barcode and let it do its thing....

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 06:17:10 AM »
I am very specific about numbering mine in the sequence they get added to the collection (not when I order/purchase them!). IIRC Mark is just as specific about it and isdoing it exactly how I do it (although it's been a while we last talked about it).

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 04:36:33 AM »
Mine are numbered by when I get them.