Author Topic: The newest arrival in my household.  (Read 868 times)

Critter

The newest arrival in my household.
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:09:28 AM »
This 27inch monster, dwarfs all other computers in the house, is also the first Mac to join the ranks.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The newest arrival in my household.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11:54 AM »
:thumbsup:

I bought my first MacBook three years ago. Enjoyingtheexperience I scrapped my (not all that old) PC five months later and bought  Mac Pro and haven't looked back since. Only irony? I still love DVD Profiler which made me install a virtual environment to run Windows XP (now Windows 7) for it.

Since it appears tobe your first Mac, I hope you'll enjoy the experience as well. There is a few things that need getting used to, but I found the switch rather seemless at the time.

Critter

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »
I've been using it for about an hour now and there's definitely a lot to get used to but I am finding it easy enough to use.  It's not my computer, but I have an account on it and can use it. It's sort of so I can practice with macs since I am getting a macbook for Christmas.

kahless

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:30:18 AM »
Looks gorgeous. To be honest the Mac world is an unknown galaxy for me! In my environment most of the creatives such as photographers and advertising agencies use Macs.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »
I've been using it for about an hour now and there's definitely a lot to get used to but I am finding it easy enough to use.  It's not my computer, but I have an account on it and can use it. It's sort of so I can practice with macs since I am getting a macbook for Christmas.
I hope you have two accounts ;)

As with any computer, you should have an Administrator account for, well, administrative purposes and a regular User account for your everyday use. In fact, I feel it's a little easier to use it like that as with a Windows PC.

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »
Hmm, mac's I just don't see the fascination, Im forced to use a mac on an almost daily basis for my education and job. but I honestly think that windows and mac are equally as annoying ;p