Author Topic: Signed  (Read 2771 times)

lovemunkey187

Signed
« on: July 24, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »
AS the title really, has anybody got any signed dvds, pictures or other memorabilia?

kahless

Re: Signed
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:13:33 AM »
Unfortunately not.  :(

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:55 AM »
None for me either.

Critter

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:37 AM »
I had a book signed by the author once. He's an Australian author not really well known outside of Aus, but he's popular here. That's about it though.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »
I do have a few books that are signed.  The bookstore got signed copies from the publisher.

Najemikon

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:25 PM »
Bunch of Discworld books where I queued up to meet Terry Pratchett. Forget how many now. Three, maybe four, plus paperbacks bought at the same time. I never took old books though. He would quite rightly pick on people who brought their collections! Lad in front of me had two carrier bags full and Pratchett called him a bastard! Then stood up and shouted to the queue behind us, to tell them there was a bastard holding them up! :laugh:

A Dragonlance novel called Soulforge signed by Margaret Weis, which I bought direct from her website so she would sign it. She used to actively take part in forums and chatrooms and I spoke to her a couple of times. I did have a really nice email from her, but lost it due to a failed backup. :weep:

I met Darth Vader at a comic convention! Dave Prowse, really...  ;) He signed a photograph and, this being way back, I asked him if there was ever going to be any sequels and he explained the three trilogy plan Lucas had. First time I'd ever heard that.

Couple of autographs from concerts too.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 01:23:59 PM »
I have a few signed 8X10 photos... all of which were gifts or Prizes, I have...

- Gillian Anderson
- Robert Englund (in his Freddy makeup)
- Antone Di Leo (Day of the Dead)

Then I won this from Anchor Bay Home Entertainment...

WHOLE STORY HERE
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
I have nothing signed... and to be completely honest - I've never seen the appeal of it. Standing in line for hours just to get my artwork ruined by a sharpie? No thanks.

I know, I'm probably the weird one out on that...

but hey! It can't be that much worse than the guy above me re:music!  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

if only weird was the worst thing I was described as!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
I have hundreds of autographs of sports figures. Most are from going to their events or their practice sessions. We always go really early to get the best parking spot right where the athletes drive into the stadium. We party and as the athletes drive in most of them stop and sign for us. Its a lot of fun and is a tradition now for the gang.

I have quite a few books signed too. I have no idea where I got them from since most of my books I buy second hand. The only ones that might be worth something some day are the ones signed by the US Presidents...or the one signed by Stan Lee!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »
Personalised
Frontier Earth book & Photo - Bruce Boxleitner
Forbidden Planet: LE dvd tin & 2 Photos - Leslie Nielson
Dog Soldiers photo<with the quote "...chin the bitch"> - Sean Pertwee
Battlestar Galactica photo<with the quote "nothing but the rain" - Katee Sackhoff

General
Damage dvd - Steve Austin
Men at Arms book - Terry Pratchett
Star Wars: LE dvd tin - Dave Prowse
Hellboy poster - Ron Perlman, Guillermo Del Toro, Selma Blair & Rupert Evans
Photo - Claudia Christian
The Mediaeval Baebes dvd - The Mediaeval Baebes
and a couple of R3 LE/CE dvds & comics.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:12:01 PM by lovemunkey187 »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
Bunch of Discworld books where I queued up to meet Terry Pratchett. Forget how many now. Three, maybe four, plus paperbacks bought at the same time. I never took old books though. He would quite rightly pick on people who brought their collections! Lad in front of me had two carrier bags full and Pratchett called him a bastard! Then stood up and shouted to the queue behind us, to tell them there was a bastard holding them up! :laugh:

I remember seeing an advert in SFX or Starburst for someone selling a collection of Sir Terry's book, they stated that they were very rare copies as they were Unsigned by Terry Pratchett  :laugh:

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »

I remember seeing an advert in SFX or Starburst for someone selling a collection of Sir Terry's book, they stated that they were very rare copies as they were Unsigned by Terry Pratchett  :laugh:

Dave

:hysterical:

Rogmeister

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 06:19:47 PM »
I've got several signed photos, some from people I sent fan letters to several years ago.  Among the ones who replied to my letters with signed photos were Judith Light, Markie Post and some others I can't recall right now.  The prize of my autographed photos is one of my favorite actress, Jodie Foster.  I also used to go to comic book conventions and I have some autographs from those including Curt Swan, my all-time favorite comic book artist.  I also have some country music signatures.  One oddity was I ordered a Clint Black CD once from Amazon.com and when it arrived, it was an autographed copy.  I never realized Amazon ever had autographed CDs...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
I've only ever gone out of my way to get something signed once. I went with some friends to see the original stage production of The Phantom of the Opera. One of my friends was a big fan of Michael Crawford and I knew that she would wait by the backstage doors to see him depart. Now it had been mentioned in the press that Sarah Brightman was leaving the show that week so whilst I was there I bought the CD of the show. After the show I waited with my friend and then got Michael Crawford, Sarah Brightman and Andrew Lloyd Webber to autograph the insert. But stupidly didn't get it dated by one of them as proof this was in her final week with the show.

Other signed items are books but they were all purchased as autographed copies.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.