Author Topic: Vegetarians/ Vegans/ Video Games  (Read 6918 times)

RossRoy

Re: Vegetarians/ Vegans
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
Rare steak I agree Jon... Its kinda gross... but then I like well done meat... I like the burnt taste :p

I prefer my steak medium-rare - cooked, but still rosy.

My grandfather used to like it "blue" - 8 seconds flat on each side in the pan for a steak 1½" thick (sometimes even more!)! It doesn't even get warm! :yucky:

Touti

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
Nothing beats raw meat, beef tartar is great meal, horse tartar is even better.  I don't do that anymore but when I was a kid I used to eat raw ground beef when we were having burgers at home.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »
I eat steak medium rare.  I don't like it when it is over done...It gets too tough and dried out.

Critter

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
Haha I like that this has turned into a conversation about how rare we like our steak  :laugh:.

RossRoy

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 03:12:20 AM »
Haha I like that this has turned into a conversation about how rare we like our steak  :laugh:.

That's what happens when someone asks "Who vegetarian around here?" and most of the answers are "I like my meat too much!"  :hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 03:50:15 AM »
Yeah, I suppose it's inevitable. Although I did discover one other vegetarian so I'm happy with that  :yu:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 03:57:46 AM »
I do like vegetables.  I've even been trying to eat a bit better - though I caved and got potato chips today.  Hmm...can that count as a veggie? They are made from potatoes.   :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 04:13:53 AM »
Nothing beats raw meat, beef tartar is great meal, horse tartar is even better.  I don't do that anymore but when I was a kid I used to eat raw ground beef when we were having burgers at home.
Well, raw meat, or at least cooked rare, is fine with me too, but it must be the right meat. You know, the Italians call it carpaccio(sp?).

Hamburger meat is definetely not the meat you'd want to eat rare, chance for "things inside" is simply too high, it must be cooked. Depends on the quality though, since you mentioned tartar,which is basically almost hamburger meat as well.

Touti

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 04:56:54 AM »
Hamburger meat is definetely not the meat you'd want to eat rare, chance for "things inside" is simply too high, it must be cooked. Depends on the quality though, since you mentioned tartar,which is basically almost hamburger meat as well.

It definitely isn't a good thing to eat raw hamburger meat, my mom got angry at me every time.  You know this meat topic is very interesting but I'm curious, are there vegetarians on this board ? :hysterical:

Critter

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:37 AM »

It definitely isn't a good thing to eat raw hamburger meat, my mom got angry at me every time.  You know this meat topic is very interesting but I'm curious, are there vegetarians on this board ? :hysterical:

Only two, it seems we are far outnumbered by the carnivores here  :P.

Touti

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 05:10:35 AM »
It does look like the next DVDCOL get together won't be at the supermarket's fruits & vegetables section ;)

Critter

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 05:12:22 AM »
Never mind, I will just be hovering around Kathy's vegetarian plate of food that she said she takes to parties  :-[.

Touti

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:29 AM »
 :offtopic:

Sophie are you a Assassin's creed player ?  I'm asking because of the image in your signature.

Critter

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2010, 05:18:36 AM »
I am in did. If you click on the image in my sig it will take you to a list of all the PS3 games I have played and now many trophies I have for each of them. I only recently got Assassin's Creed and was playing it just before. I've been playing it about 6 days now and am hooked! It's amazing how much better it is than the first one, it's one of the biggest improvments in a sequel I have seen.

Touti

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2010, 05:28:50 AM »
It's amazing how much better it is than the first one, it's one of the biggest improvments in a sequel I have seen.

I agree.  They really did a great job at giving us stuff to do and search for.  The first one was a bit linear in the sense that you just went from town to town doing pretty much the same thing over and over.  But the second one is great with the feathers, puzzles, status and the likes.  It's really a great idea to give us things to do that aren't directly related to the storyline.  You can just ignore it or spend countless hours trying to do everything.  That actually I think is the best improvement, I finished the story but unlike the first version, we can go back and keep playing just to try and do all the stuff we didn't complete before.