Poll

Should I Add a Screen Cap Section to My Movie Reviews?

Yes
9 (75%)
No
1 (8.3%)
Don't Care
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Screen Caps  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Screen Caps
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 07:02:41 AM »
I think it's just the default code, not an actual rating. You'll see there's no actual review in there.
Just pulling his leg ;) I did indeed see the random "My Thoughts" section.

Critter

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
Silly Critter, there I go again. I can never read sarcasm on the internet! I see most things in their literal sense.  :slaphead:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2010, 12:18:33 PM »
Don't feel bad Critter... he had me scratching my head for a moment there too. Was just about to explain again.  :P
Pete

Critter

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »
Haha, I think it was the lack of any emoticon that had me confused. Usually adding some form of silly emoticon rings as a joke or sarcasm to me.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »
Yup... probably.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 02:05:13 PM »
I been working on code for a review for the comedy shorts I will be watching in between the movies. I may change it up a little. In some ways I think it is too much. And in other ways I think ppl may want more info. So help me out... here is what I came up with. What do you think needs changing.

Some concerns..
- Too many images?
- I usually don't give a rating for the shorts. Start rating or no rating for these are fine?
- There is much less technical info (i.e. Director, Audio, cast, Etc.) Good or Bad?
- Cover of DVD on top with an extra screen cap above the titles. I figured someone may want to see what DVD I have this short. On.  Keep it as is.. or make a change?
- Should the shorts in between movies be more text oriented or do you prefer to see the images and such like below?

Comedy Break

Show Title: The Little Rascals: Vol. 3 & Vol. 4: Collector's Series
Episode Title: Teacher's Pet
Length: 24min.

Plot:
The beloved Miss McGillicuddy has left school and the gang is faced with a new teacher, one Miss Crabtree, whose name alone suggests a mean old lady to the gang. They plot several means of running off the new teacher, including ants, sneezing powder, and a mouse. On the way to school, one of the gang, Jackie, is picked up by a lovely lady who asks him about his school. Jackie reveals all the gang's plans to ruin things for Miss Crabtree. The only problem is that a sweet young woman Jackie has hitched a ride with is none other than... Miss Crabtree.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I liked the story... even though these are not the characters I am used to when it comes to The Little Rascals. I remember watching the ones with Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Darla much more. But those came later if I remember right. But still... these shorts are fun to watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Anyway... that is what I threw together this morning... just not sure I like it. So any thoughts would be appreciated.
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
Pete, here's my take on it. Top screencap is unnecessary and makes it "heavy".. The show title wasn't obvious enough.. I'd place all the screencap on a "single" line, and let each people's configuration place them (for instance, I see 4 on line 1 and 4 on line 2, some people might see 3 per line, and some even only 2)..

Comedy Break
The Little Rascals: Vol. 3 & Vol. 4: Collector's Series

Plot:
The beloved Miss McGillicuddy has left school and the gang is faced with a new teacher, one Miss Crabtree, whose name alone suggests a mean old lady to the gang. They plot several means of running off the new teacher, including ants, sneezing powder, and a mouse. On the way to school, one of the gang, Jackie, is picked up by a lovely lady who asks him about his school. Jackie reveals all the gang's plans to ruin things for Miss Crabtree. The only problem is that a sweet young woman Jackie has hitched a ride with is none other than... Miss Crabtree.

My Thoughts:
This is a fun episode. I liked the story... even though these are not the characters I am used to when it comes to The Little Rascals. I remember watching the ones with Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Darla much more. But those came later if I remember right. But still... these shorts are fun to watch.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 02:51:56 PM »
Thanks... That looks pretty good will have to see if I can't fix my code to look more like it.

But you do like the images and rating even for these short breaks between movies? As well as less of the technical info is fine I take it?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
TESTING CODE....

Comedy Break
The Little Rascals: Vol. 11 & Vol. 12: Collector's Series

Plot:

My Thoughts:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Looks pretty good. But one concern... Does it look bad with so little info in the column with the episode title and length next to the cover art? I am thinking of adding some more technical info in there... Maybe...

- Director
- Year

anything else that may be good for this?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »
TESTING CODE....

Comedy Break
The Little Rascals: Vol. 11 & Vol. 12: Collector's Series
Director: Robert F. McGowan
Year 1930

Plot:

My Thoughts:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Here it is with Director and Year. Anything else that may be good?
Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 03:42:47 PM »
Looks pretty good. But one concern... Does it look bad with so little info in the column with the episode title and length next to the cover art? I am thinking of adding some more technical info in there... Maybe...

- Director
- Year

anything else that may be good for this?

That's the beauty of it. You add just about any technical info, or take away as much as you want, without affecting "vertical screen real estate". Sure, it looks kinda odd with less info, but the place is there for more info.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
I am thinking about adding main cast to it as well. That should use some of the room and make it look a bit better I think.
Pete

Critter

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 03:53:45 PM »
I see 2 screencaps on each line for all the of the ones posted so far in this thread.  :shrug:

I know I must have a low resolution, but everytime I try and change it the whole computer goes out of whack so I just go back to what I have.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 03:59:17 PM »
TESTING CODE...

Comedy Break
The Little Rascals: Vol. 3 & Vol. 4: Collector's Series
Director: Robert F. McGowan
Year: 1930

Cast:
Jackie Cooper as Jackie
Allen Hoskins as Farina
Norman Chaney as Chubby
Bobby Hutchins as Wheezer
June Marlowe as Miss Crabtree

Plot:

My Thoughts:

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Screen Caps:

Hmmm.... I think I like it with the cast.  :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 04:02:05 PM »
I see 2 screencaps on each line for all the of the ones posted so far in this thread.  :shrug:

I know I must have a low resolution, but everytime I try and change it the whole computer goes out of whack so I just go back to what I have.

Me too... Granted I have bad eyes... but I changed mine to 1152 X 864 which any smaller I just wouldn't be able to read the stuff on screen. And I still see 2 per row. I think you pretty much need a widescreen monitor to see any more then that.
Pete