Author Topic: 1&1 Internet. DO NOT USE!  (Read 1331 times)

Najemikon

1&1 Internet. DO NOT USE!
« on: January 06, 2008, 04:41:14 PM »
I needed a place to vent and take the opportunity to implore anyone who reads this to avoid 1&1 Internet hosts wherever possible.

:voodoo: >:(

You may notice my banner has gone missing. This is because my account has been suspended. This is because I haven't paid my last bill. That happened because 1&1 Internet is run by ignorant pillocks. ARGH!

I haven't paid because my credit card expired and needs updating with the new expiry date. Not exactly a conspiracy, is it? It happens all the time with registered details and normally you get an email politely pointing out that you need to update it.

An email! What a radical thought! Maybe 1&1 Internet should try it! What with them being an Internet host and all that!

No, they prefer strongly worded letters. Their first contact in this situation threatens to suspend your account within 8 days and pass the debt on within 13. How very bloody friendly.

Also, in their wisdom, they choose to send this missive on the 27th December. That's right! They send notification of an 8 day time limit in the middle of a national holiday! I got it yesterday. My account got locked today. Yeah! Go team! Bastards.

I am SO angry!  :redcard:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 1&1 Internet. DO NOT USE!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
1&1 is a company originated in germany, so there's no surprise in how they treat their customers...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Touti

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:31:18 PM »
Jon, tell me how much space and bandwith you need, if it's not too much I'll work a deal for you ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »
That's very kind of you, Eric. I'll bear it mind. For now, I'm paid up again, but hardly use it anyway.