Author Topic: Mel Gibson wigs out on girlfriend  (Read 3233 times)

Critter

Re: Mel Gibson wigs out on girlfriend
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
I couldn't listen to the audio, said it's not available in my country, but reading what he said was bad enough, and quite scary  :(.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:46 AM »
I listened to it, and then I called my wife over to listen to it. She gave up after about two minutes, because he's so rude and inflammatory.

Critter

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 02:25:32 AM »
I don't get where the recording came from though. Is it set up? How would he not know he was being recorded?

Alien Redrum

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 03:15:09 AM »
I don't get where the recording came from though. Is it set up? How would he not know he was being recorded?

Recording someone is very easy. You can buy attachments for your phone. However, it's illegal in some States to record someone without their permission (outside of a warrant, of course).

That said, that felt really set up. Like she called him 10 minutes before and got him riled up, then called him back. I've heard worse arguments at parties. (Thank god never between me and someone I was with, though. :laugh: )

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 04:10:10 AM »

Recording someone is very easy. You can buy attachments for your phone. However, it's illegal in some States to record someone without their permission (outside of a warrant, of course).

That said, that felt really set up. Like she called him 10 minutes before and got him riled up, then called him back. I've heard worse arguments at parties. (Thank god never between me and someone I was with, though. :laugh: )

I heard a little of it earlier.  I did think it seemed set up, especially considering that they have broken up not long ago and how the recording has been leaked to the press.  She sounds almost..too calm when she is heard - like she say look how calm and rational I am and how crazed and irrational he is...like she wants to back up her previous claims.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 06:32:15 AM »
She sounds almost..too calm when she is heard - like she say look how calm and rational I am and how crazed and irrational he is...like she wants to back up her previous claims.

Exactly:laugh:

I had a girlfriend that would pull something similar.  :yucky:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 07:08:12 AM »
She sounds almost..too calm when she is heard - like she say look how calm and rational I am and how crazed and irrational he is...like she wants to back up her previous claims.

Exactly:laugh:

I'm not saying that is what she did for sure...but I do think it is a possibility.  It just seems like if it had been a more...natural and unplanned thing, she would have gotten more emotional during the call.

Touti

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 10:23:52 PM »

Calm as in "I'm recording this and I'll make it public so I have to behave while he makes a jerk of himself".  For the record......and before Jimmy tells us the thread should be closed :tease: (sorry Jimmy, just a joke, I swear I tried very hard to resist but just couldn't)......so for the record, I will not say a word to defend him because he doesn't deserve it but recording a private phone conversation and making it public after....................as far as I'm concerned she isn't worth a penny more than him.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 10:29:46 PM »

You mean...
(click to show/hide)

:tease: :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 10:36:47 PM »
Of course I don't know what happened but it sure seems fishy to me. It seems she knew what buttons to push and then decided to record the result. Arguments and breakups can be very confrontational - imagine if every one you ever had was video recorded. Mel's behavior is inexcusable but so is the video recording and publishing of private conversations. Shame on both of them.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »
Something else that seems a bit fishy is how that website is releasing new stuff everyday now.  And the quality of the sound when she is heard is way different from when he's talking.  I don't know anything about how recording a call works or how it sounds though. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 06:52:27 AM »
Something else that seems a bit fishy is how that website is releasing new stuff everyday now.
Yes, I just said that at Invelos too.

I have listened to the stuiff earlier. The setup is very appaling to me. not only are they released step by step, they also sound somewhat edited. Besides the lady being overly calm, so she comes away better (apprently she saw the internet comments though(?), as she starts swearing in the later ones.

Mel is not faultless by a long stretch, it seems, as beyond his verbal rant he may have indeed hit the lady. He might need anger mamangement. However, that his dirty laundy gets posted on the interet like that is a shame, it should be provided as evidence to the police and just that.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »
Yes, I just said that at Invelos too.

I have listened to the stuiff earlier. The setup is very appaling to me. not only are they released step by step, they also sound somewhat edited. Besides the lady being overly calm, so she comes away better (apprently she saw the internet comments though(?), as she starts swearing in the later ones.

Mel is not faultless by a long stretch, it seems, as beyond his verbal rant he may have indeed hit the lady. He might need anger mamangement. However, that his dirty laundy gets posted on the interet like that is a shame, it should be provided as evidence to the police and just that.

You know, I didn't think about that earlier when I had some show on that was playing bits from the latest tape... This last one is the only time she's raised her voice a little..expressed some emotion..and started swearing a bit.  Definitely fishy that she would be so calm and almost...remote all along..and now she's showing some anger.  It seems a bit too calculated.  I think it is a possibility that the recordings have been edited. 

There was a short interview with someone who said She - Oskauna or however her name is spelled - has confided in them for a while.  The confidant describes her a gold digger who has been chasing after famous men for years in an attempt to get a music career and fame. 

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
You know, I didn't think about that earlier when I had some show on that was playing bits from the latest tape... This last one is the only time she's raised her voice a little..expressed some emotion..and started swearing a bit.  Definitely fishy that she would be so calm and almost...remote all along..and now she's showing some anger. It seems a bit too calculated. I think it is a possibility that the recordings have been edited. 

There was a short interview with someone who said She - Oskauna or however her name is spelled - has confided in them for a while.  The confidant describes her a gold digger who has been chasing after famous men for years in an attempt to get a music career and fame. 
It all seems calculated and your second paragraph would confirm that. Also, from the things he said, I thought that Mel's anger was based on a longer period of "disappointments" and not on a particular incident.

So, anyone listening to that tape knows only that. What he said during one or several phone conversation. We don't know what he did to her before that, that could make her feel scared, just as much as we don't know what she did that ultimately brought him to this point of anger.

Among all his rage, and seriously, he was in rage, the way he was catching his breath, I thought to tell that the only thing he really cared about was his child.

Either way, it's not the first time for him, so at the very least a judge should prescribe him some anger managment classes.