Author Topic: Last Standing  (Read 47377 times)

Touti

Re: Last Standing
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2010, 08:59:05 PM »
I'm still awaiting answers from Hal, Kathy, Kinky Cyborg and Alien Redrum.

And a clarification from Jon

No clue.  Just take one smiley!   :(

It wasn't a clue. I watched the damn DVD to remind me what he looked like. I didn't look at IMDB and I did know his name, but I did have to watch the scene to remember. I've seen the film a few times, so it's annoying, but hey ho.

Jon I think you misread Hal's post.  That was his answer "I have no clue, just take one smiley".

Najemikon

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
Ah, so it is. Reading on my phone doesn't help. :P

Touti

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
Is there a "Lose 1 smiley for bad attitude" rule in this game ?  :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »
 :o I can't believe I got one!  :thundergod: I threw in the thundergod since his lifespan is bound to be a short one!

hal9g

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »
I'm still awaiting answers from Hal, Kathy, Kinky Cyborg and Alien Redrum.

And a clarification from Jon

No clue.  Just take one smiley!   :(

It wasn't a clue. I watched the damn DVD to remind me what he looked like. I didn't look at IMDB and I did know his name, but I did have to watch the scene to remember. I've seen the film a few times, so it's annoying, but hey ho.

Jon I think you misread Hal's post.  That was his answer "I have no clue, just take one smiley".

Yes, I was saying that I have no clue, so go ahead and take one of my smileys!

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »
I guess this question is too easy...

Dragonfire, Hal, RossRoy, Rick, Jon, Eric, and dfmorgan all have the correct answer.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »

I'm not trying to be a hard ass, but if you popped in the DVD, then you could have seen the credits in the beginning. To be fair to the others who submitted answers off the cuff, I had to rule against you. Sorry

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2010, 11:00:29 PM »
I wish I could cheat because that would be the only way I would remember this.  :weep:

Goodbye  :thundergod:

Touti

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2010, 11:01:59 PM »
What was the answer to round 1 ?

RossRoy

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2010, 11:05:47 PM »
What was the answer to round 1 ?

Christopher Walken in Click
Don Knotts in Pleasantville

Najemikon

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »

I'm not trying to be a hard ass, but if you popped in the DVD, then you could have seen the credits in the beginning. To be fair to the others who submitted answers off the cuff, I had to rule against you. Sorry

If that were the case, then I wouldn't have answered.  :( I only wanted to say how frustrating it was because I had a blind spot where his face should be.

Look, if there is any suspicion I've cheated, I'll just withdraw. These are great quizzes and are based on honesty and I'm the last person who would want to get a " :hmmmm: " every time I answer.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »
I don't believe you cheated Jon but I did something similar. I didn't pull out the DVD but I kept looking around my living room at the DVD cases. When I saw the Andy Griffith case I finally remembered the name that was eluding me - Don Knotts. I don't see this as much different from what Jon did. So, if you think he should lose his thundergod, then you should take mine too.

Najemikon

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »
Thank you, Kathy, but that wouldn't be right. You just used a visual aid. I did actually spin up the film and I know what he means. If this were a pub quiz, I couldn't expect to glance at the TV and happen to see him. ;)

hal9g

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »
Jon,

I'm sorry that you misread my post and thought I was talking about you, which prompted you to post the explanation that set this all in motion.

Antares, it'd be OK by me to let Jon have this one!

lyonsden5

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2010, 12:02:08 AM »
[EDIT: some of this post is deleted  - seems as though things are working out just fine]

As far as I am concerned Jon can keep his point. Wouldn't want him to have and excuses when I wave goodbye to his last smiley and see it replaced with  :rip:.  :devil: :training:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:17:09 AM by Rick »