Author Topic: Non-DVD Gulity Pleasures  (Read 9040 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Non-DVD Gulity Plaeasures
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 04:09:27 AM »
I don't even like the smell of coffee.

Critter

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
I used to love regular Pepsi, my all-time favorite soft drink.  But then I became a diabetic and can't drink it anymore...and I have never liked any diet cola.  I can drink diet versions of root beer and Mountain Dew and orange drinks...but it's not the same.  These days my favorite drink has become ice tea.  I never grew to like coffee.  I doubt I have consumed the equivilent of two full cups in my life.

I had never had pepsi until I was in Russia (I drink coke instead usually). My time in Russia was probably the most unhealthy I have ever been. With the Russians not understanding what vegetarian means and usually eating meals of nothing but meat I sometimes went days living off the crisps and chocolate we would buy for our rooms. Also, more than once we had more pepsi than available drinking water (we could only drink bottled water). It certainly was an interesting time, having to ration out our water usage but having plenty of pepsi.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 04:50:13 AM »
The first cup of fresh coffee after opening up a new can.

Have you ever tried French pressed coffee. It puts all other methods of brewing to shame.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 05:04:11 AM »
Eating a big bowl of frozen big fresh strawberry with a lot of cream on it :drooling:
There's I fixed it :drooling:
They are good unfrozen also... Why do you think I went at l'Île d'orléans each summer when I was younger? Certainly not to earn a lot of money Picking them :whistle:

snowcat

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
The spicy chicken and cheese bagguettes from a shop in the city center are amazing. I eat far to many... I have to admit I do have a soft spot for a bid mac to :p well...I guess that should be a guilty pleasure as it will probably give me a heart attack. I also love planning.. Planning anything :p I get very excited when I'm planning.

Yep I know that sounds weird but planning is a guilty pleasure :p

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

Have you ever tried French pressed coffee. It puts all other methods of brewing to shame.

I've heard about it and seen it made, but I've never indulged.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 04:14:17 PM »

Try it, I guarantee you'll love it. Only, make sure you don't drink that last little bit at the bottom, there's usually some bean sediment in it.

hal9g

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:18 AM »
Try it, I guarantee you'll love it. Only, make sure you don't drink that last little bit at the bottom, there's usually some bean sediment in it.

Why not just mainline the stuff??   :drooling:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Non-DVD Gulity Pleasures
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 03:41:41 AM »
I'm more of a Maudite fan myself.

Touti

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 04:17:56 AM »
I like the Maudite and Fin du Monde too but these two can slam you and end your evening pretty early  :drunk:.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 04:56:35 AM »

Using a French press to make coffee is indeed one of the better ways.

I use a one-cup filter,purchased at Starbuck; out of pure convenience. WhenI feel like it I use a paper filter and pass the boiling hot water through it myself (little by little, compared to the one-pour job with tthe Starbuck thing).

RossRoy

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
I really like my AeroPress for coffee.

It's probably not the absolute best way, but it is certainly way better than what comes out of our electric drip coffee maker.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:06:24 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »
I like the Maudite and Fin du Monde too but these two can slam you and end your evening pretty early  :drunk:.

That blanche de Chambly, was it the beer that Jimmy used in his slow cooked ham recipe?

Touti

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 09:26:53 PM »

That blanche de Chambly, was it the beer that Jimmy used in his slow cooked ham recipe?

If you're referring to this then it wasn't Jimmy, it was me and yes, that's the beer I use for the ham ;)