Author Topic: Happy St Patrick's Day!  (Read 1211 times)

Critter

Happy St Patrick's Day!
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:24:29 AM »
Paddy's day was actually yesterday for me (still recovering from celebrations last night) but I know my time is ahead so I think it is still Paddy's day in America now.

Anyway, Happy St Patrick's Day!

:cheers:

snowcat

Re: Happy St Patrick's Day!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:19:06 PM »
¬_¬ I don't celebrate it .... I think its pointless to be honest... Im actually a quarter Irish... even my granddad doesn't celebrate and hes Irish! :S

...just an excuse to drink, and well :p I don't need an excuse!

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:21:11 PM »
I think it's good to celebrate it, if you're so inclined. I'm disappointed we don't celebrate any of our Saints properly in England.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 10:48:08 PM »
I think you should all celebrate by watching a good Irish-themed movie.  I know of two...The Quiet Man and Darby O'Gill and the Little People.  Sorry, the Leprechaun movies don't count!  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »
I know I go against the grain, but The Quiet Man bored me absolutely rigid. Apart from the scrap, which was great, it's horrendously dated.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:37:41 PM »
There's a large Irish community in my town so we always celebrate it. The Irish pubs close off all the roads around them and they have bands playing all night and the drinks are flowing, it always proves to be a good night and I always end up with a bunch of free Guiness stuff at the end.  :P

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:35:16 AM »
I know I go against the grain, but The Quiet Man bored me absolutely rigid. Apart from the scrap, which was great, it's horrendously dated.
You may watch The Boondock Saints instead :)

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 06:07:49 AM »
My grandmother's family originate from Ireland. And I'm pretty sure my Dad's uncle is a Leprechaun.