Author Topic: Money!  (Read 775 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Money!
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I saw a story on the local news regarding millions of dollars of unclaimed funds held by NY State. Of course I checked and I didn't have any. But, I noticed my brother's name on the list.

I went out to his house and low and behold he did have some money being held from a utility company. We were excited and thought that even if it was a couple of dollars we could buy a lottery ticket and maybe win! My brother told me that since I found out about it, I could have the check and buy myself the ticket. I've always been the lucky one.

So, yesterday I went out and Jim handed my an envelope...the check had arrived! I opened it up and there was a check for $198.98. :o We almost hit the floor! I tried to give it back to him but he refused - he said it was mine. :yahoo:

I don't know how it works for your states but I contacted the New York State Comptroller's Office. I then went to Unclaimed Funds. I would think you just go to your State's Comptroller's Office and do the same. Good Luck!

hal9g

Re: Money!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »
Everybody should check this site:

MissingMoney.com

I found $1800 owed to my grandfather who died in 2001 and collected it!

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »
Thats great Kathy!

:p Id love to find some money Id been owed  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »
I've heard about people finding missing money before.