Author Topic: Working my way through my collection..  (Read 4363 times)

snowcat

Re: Working my way through my collection..
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
Oh dear, I can imagine ill be there for sometime then entering those box sets  :'(

RossRoy

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 07:46:43 PM »
I don't know if you enter all the information, but be ready for a lot of works :training:
I've made 3 boxsets with 50 films in them in the last couple of years and each set took me at least 3 days to profile :whistle:

I don't know about the others, but I do not plan on entering everything. There are sections I really don't care enough about to go out of my way making sure it's right. A good example would be runtime. I don't care whether it's 92 minutes, 90 minutes or 88 minutes, as long as it shows a general idea of how long, a few minutes more or less will not make me go bonkers. I will definitely not take the DVD out just to check. Same for aspect ratio. Knowing if it anamorphic or not is much more important to me than knowing if it 1.75:1 or 2.35:1... and let's not even begin with the ridiculousness of 2.35:1 vs 2.40:1  ::)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 08:02:20 PM »
I usually trust the cover for the image ratio, I don't really care if it's 1:33:1 or 1:66:1 or whatever else (the only thing who really count is if its widescreen, fullscreen or pan&scan). The same with the audio since it doesn't make a difference if its DDS or DD 5.0 or DD 5.1 or whatever, since my computer had 2 speakers only. For the time I check since it's just a left click on my mouse to do. I enter most of the cast and crew, but not the new one since I don't really care about who do the make-up or dress the actors. I don't enter the easter eggs since I don't care enough to find them, if they were that valuable they would be listed in the special features menu. I don't enter the rating details (talk about a waste of time of field added) and I don't use media company fields.

For the set with many films, I even search on the web to find the original poster since I don't like to have the same cover repeated 10, 20 or 50 times. Yeah I know it's insane :laugh:

That's about it for me.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:02:16 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 12:55:02 AM »
Two weeks ago I finally finished going through my entire collection with Karsten's C&C Editor. It's so great to have all my C&C linking properly now.

After I finished with that, I went back to something I started a few months ago. I had decided that I wanted a HTML window to display Film Posters, so I created a rudimentary HTML code to do it. I had just finished all the way through to It Happened One Night, when I couldn't decide which of the three posters I found for the film I liked the best.

So I thought, I wonder if there's a way to rotate images in a window, like I'm doing with taglines? I went on the web, and found a script that does it, and plugged it into my basic code and I must admit, it looks pretty cool when the posters change.

The only drawback I've found, is that I now have to start all over again, checking which films had multiple posters. At first, I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but lo and behold, it took me a day and a half just to complete films that began with the letter A.

I figure, I should be finished with my entire collection, if I'm lucky, by spring  :stars:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 02:27:06 PM »
Can't find a place to write this and I don't see the need to create a new thread for that. But what is that that? Simple after 2 years without contributing to the DVDP database I've decided this weekend it was time to give it another go. Most of you know already why I've stop, but just in case I was pissed of by the discrimination that my genre of cinema face in the database. So, I've said to myself, "Fuck it, I will do it my way, the hell with the fantasy world rating". Everything that I've submited was approved even if I've clearly not give a damn about the idiotic false rating system ;D

So those one are now in the database (hardcore feature, softcore feature and some others title who weren't there already)

Suzie Heartless/Phoenix: Two Disc Edition (878746-004190)
Suzie Heartless (I806093A6D46CD6CB)
Phoenix (I400D1EC220107DF3)
Deep Inside Annie Sprinkle: Platinum Elite Collection (828320-690011)
Johnny Wadd (722435-046087)
JCVD (625828-468803)
The Story of Prunella: New York Grindhouse Avon 7 Collection (612385-426391)
The Curse of Lizzie Borden II - Prom Night: Director's Cut (690445-049728)
Carter Steven's Collegiates Features Film Collection (612385-427497)
The Collegiates / The Hot Oven (IBE03BF70F6342D32)
Mount of Venus / In Sarah’s Eyes (I51C15DAB7DA69C89)

So if you have them or want to add them to your collection now you can without asking me my profile ;D

P.S : the last three aren't released in the database yet

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 05:11:08 PM »
I'm finally done. I replaced all my cast and crew (Direction, Writing, Composing)  in 2,664 profiles with my editor and have now 53,782 persons in my local cache file.  :training:

Finally it links as it's supposed to be.  :dance:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
Finally it links as it's supposed to be.  :dance:

Beautiful, isn't it?  :thumbup:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
I meant to post sooner, but I forgot.  I think I have all the child profiles added now.

Today I decided to start going through and changing the sort titles on some of them...I've already been at it for a while and am only up to C.  This is gonna take a while.  lol  oh well.