Author Topic: WANTED!  (Read 2281 times)

lovemunkey187

WANTED!
« on: December 30, 2007, 09:00:01 AM »
This thread is for those of us that n the look out for certain dvds, but have yet to find it and those that have spotted them somewhere whether online or local and are in a postion to help....

TITLE BAD TASTE that's right, Peter Jackson's best film.
PROGRESS I've seen a few floating around on evilbay, but don't want to risk buying a bootleg version. Did see a couple of R2 on either Playtrade or Amazon Marketplace but the sellers were wanting extortionate amounts.
OTHER DETAILS Region is unimportant, just want an original copy.Although have to admit would like the LE version that I heard of that came in a tin with a watch.

So can anyone offer assistance?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:06:53 AM »
First: Sorry I can't help right now...

I own the LE from Anchor bay with the second disc. I was not aware there was a Tin which had a watch in it :o

..and no, I am not selling. :devil:

I wonder if Anchor Bay, well now Starz, cannot re-release (it's been six years since the last time they released it) it because Peter is now way more famous and the license would be too high...?

But wait, I thought I check some of the online retailers I've used in the past and you may be in luck:
DVD Orchard AUS$28.95 with reportedly 50+ in stock :)
It says  Bad Taste - Special Edition DVD but no mentioned of the Special Features...

EDIT:
UPC appears to be: 5-050582-281705
Special Features (now that I've seen the cover scan in DVDP) seem to be even one or two more than on Anchor Bay's release.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 11:13:31 AM by ya_shin »

Najemikon

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 01:27:17 PM »
It seems it's readily available in Australia: http://chaos.com/product/bad_taste_569294_150968.html

And less than 20 Aussie dollars too, which is about £9 in real money I think.

I've had a lot of Region 4 from Chaos in the past and they are great value.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 03:41:55 PM »
There are a region 4 Collector' edition too. But it cost a little bit more.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/taste-collectors-edition-p-3125.html

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 04:20:08 PM »
All three offers seem to be the same edition... So it seems, especially since Jon had positive experience with them, that Chaos should be the place to order from.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 02:29:39 AM »
Thank you, all for your assistance.

m.cellophane

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »
I've been looking for a widescreen copy of Picnic 043396-828797. This is one of those releases that was originally a dual-sided WS/P&S disc and then in the wisdom of Columbia TriStar, it was stripped of its WS side and re-released...using the same UPC...as a P&S only.  :yellowcard: Yes, a 2.35:1 film stripped of its 2.35:1 version :axed: (anamorphic too!) and dumped back out into the public as a P&S only disc. 

Since the P&S version uses the same UPC as the WS/P&S, e-tailers still track their inventory using the old WS/P&S description. Even eBay sellers uses services that utilize the WS/P&S version without specifying if it is indeed the WS/P&S or just the P&S. This one has been frustrating for me to locate.  :readthis:

I hate Columbia TriStar/Sony for doing this to so many DVDs.   :whateva: I've been burned several times ordering their products online based on bad information (Sweet and Lowdown, Hush, The Fan, The Deep, No Mercy, About Last Night...).  I'm now very cautious. Did I say that I hate them?  :voodoo: :chainsaw: