Author Topic: I'm Having Surgery on Thursday  (Read 7872 times)

MEJHarrison

Re: I'm Having Surgery on Thursday
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »
My only problem now is I have to wear sunglasses everytime I go outside in the daytime.  The sunlight is blinding to me now.

I always wear sunglasses outside in the daytime..even if it isn't that sunny out.  My eyes have always been sensitive to sunlight.

Do you have blue eyes?  We're supposed to have the most sensitive eye color.

That was actually one of three reasons that finally drove me to contacts (don't need prescription sunglasses).  The other two being I was tired of my glasses getting wet in the winter in the constant rain we get here in Oregon and I started reaching the point where I felt like I needed to clean my glasses about every 10 minutes.  Never thought I could do contacts, but after a couple days it was no big deal.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2010, 01:40:05 AM »
My only problem now is I have to wear sunglasses everytime I go outside in the daytime.  The sunlight is blinding to me now.

I always wear sunglasses outside in the daytime..even if it isn't that sunny out.  My eyes have always been sensitive to sunlight.

Do you have blue eyes?  We're supposed to have the most sensitive eye color.

That was actually one of three reasons that finally drove me to contacts (don't need prescription sunglasses).  The other two being I was tired of my glasses getting wet in the winter in the constant rain we get here in Oregon and I started reaching the point where I felt like I needed to clean my glasses about every 10 minutes.  Never thought I could do contacts, but after a couple days it was no big deal.

No..my eyes are hazel.

Rogmeister

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2010, 04:39:24 AM »
I went into dialysis today wearing my sunglasses and Dave, one of the workers there, asked "Cataract surgery?"  So I guess removal of cataracts lets in more light.  That room was brighter today than I've ever seen it and I wore my sunglasses most of the time I was there today.  And my eyes are brown.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
I think I remember hearing that for people after cataract surgery before.  I remember that people that do the laser eye surgery have to wear dark glasses for a while too.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2010, 07:32:01 AM »
I had to look up the word... I had know idea that what you had descreibed so far was basically cataract. I am even more glad now to see that you feel better!

I think the only awkward thing about the glasses will be when you wear them indoors and people may feel you are a little rude for not taking them off. Something they will have to live with. :shrug:

Critter

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2010, 08:36:14 AM »
They wisdom teeth are out. I had it done thismorning. I am feeling okay, not a lot of pain just a lot of discomfort. I am finding it hard to get comfortable even in bed. I am also very restless but that's probably from the anesthetic. Will be eating probably nothing but jelly and ice cream the next few days haha. Oh and for the Americans here, 'jelly' in Australia is what you call jello. Not the spread you have on toast etc.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »
They wisdom teeth are out. I had it done thismorning. I am feeling okay, not a lot of pain just a lot of discomfort. I am finding it hard to get comfortable even in bed. I am also very restless but that's probably from the anesthetic. Will be eating probably nothing but jelly and ice cream the next few days haha. Oh and for the Americans here, 'jelly' in Australia is what you call jello. Not the spread you have on toast etc.
I thought the Brits say jelly and the Americans say jam...? Somebody says marmelade...?

Did you use sufficient cooling or did you get swollen cheeks...?

Rogmeister

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
Now my father has had cataract surgery this morning.  Someone needs to stay with him this evening and I've been elected.  I don't even recall getting a vote!  :laugh:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2010, 05:32:43 PM »
Now my father has had cataract surgery this morning.  Someone needs to stay with him this evening and I've been elected.  I don't even recall getting a vote!  :laugh:

:laugh:

I guess your family figures you can empathize. I know I am always the one people call if they get sick too!

Najemikon

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
I thought the Brits say jelly and the Americans say jam...? Somebody says marmelade...?

Noob!  :tease:

We British do it right. :whistle: Jelly is the wobbly stuff you have with ice-cream, jam is what you spread on breaded products and marmalade is very similar to jam (both preserves), except it uses only citrus fruit and often includes the rind as well. Orange is most common, but lemon and lime is used too. Usually only ever seen on toast!  :P

I have trouble with sensitivity to light too. Only slight and I read somewhere it can be linked those with allergies and I get hay fever/asthma all year round, so I've always blamed that. My eyes are hazel though, too. :hmmmm:

Christ, this forum is turning into something very different. It's like some screwed up dating site!

Dislikes: Dentists and hospitals
Physical attributes: No teeth, one eye, constant wheezing and sunglasses never off
Looking for: Consider anything with GSOH. I couldn't bloody see you properly anyway!

RossRoy

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:36 PM »
Looking for: Consider anything with GSOH. I couldn't bloody see you properly anyway!

I too prefer a Good Standard Of Hygiene - after all, if I'm not going to see her, I sure as hell wouldn't want to smell her!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
Noob!  :tease:

We British do it right. :whistle: Jelly is the wobbly stuff you have with ice-cream, jam is what you spread on breaded products and marmalade is very similar to jam (both preserves), except it uses only citrus fruit and often includes the rind as well. Orange is most common, but lemon and lime is used too. Usually only ever seen on toast!  :P
This is all upside down for me. Had I have to answer that in a pop quiz I would have failed miserably.

But Jelly with ice cream....? That does NOT sound right at all :P

Christ, this forum is turning into something very different. It's like some screwed up dating site!

Dislikes: Dentists and hospitals
Physical attributes: No teeth, one eye, constant wheezing and sunglasses never off
:hysterical:

karmesinrot

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2010, 11:13:49 PM »
Dude what was jelly invented for if not to go with ice cream? :|

Critter

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2010, 12:02:36 AM »

Did you use sufficient cooling or did you get swollen cheeks...?

I have been using ice-packs but I really only have one good one and it heats up quickly. It almost spends more time in the freezer trying to freeze up again than on my face. Becuase of this my face is quite swollen up. It's looks hilarious, since I only had the bottom wisom teeth taken out the bottom of my face has all swollen up and dropped down. The reulst of which makes me look like I have a rectangle shaped head.
Also last night was horrible, the pain finally kicked in and it seems no amount of drugs could make it leave me alone, in the end I don't even think I slept 20 mins all night.

Najemikon

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2010, 12:08:27 AM »
I found swilling salt water really helped. Pretty disgusting if you accidentally swallow some, but worth doing.