Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56702 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #675 on: January 17, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
I had thought before about trying Bioshock since I'd heard it was a good game.  Then Achim posted at one point about having trouble with it...now this..  I think I'm afraid of the game now.   :laugh:
No, no, no!

It is hard, at the higher settings especially so. BUT, it has difficulty settings! It's all about the story and you should experience it all the same, if need be on "Easy". I haven't finished myself (and believe I had tghe ending accidentally spoilt to me), but as far as I have played it was very interesting.

Actually, I should bump it higher on my pile of shame, maybe we can even go through parallel...

snowcat

« Reply #676 on: January 17, 2011, 09:32:34 PM »
I would definitely recommend both Bioshock games! even if you do only play them on easy Marie!

it has took me around 23 hours to get to around level 4 on survivor mode :S but when I played it on easy it was no where near as long!

its quickly becoming one of my favourite games story and atmosphere wise, im really enjoying it!

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #677 on: January 18, 2011, 02:57:53 AM »
There is easy mode? Ok.
Though I was feeling a tad overwhelmed with teh easy mode on the one game..if that was easy, no way I can handle hard..or even normal.   :laugh:
I tend to suck at games..  lol

Hmm..ok.  I will go back to thinking about that one then.  Work is starting to pick up a bit, so it will probably be a while before I attempt any other games.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #678 on: January 19, 2011, 04:19:08 AM »
So I go out to run a few errands.  Had to stop at Walmart to get dog treats and bread.  I was thinking I might look for a cheap DVD or Blu-ray.  But I end up in the game area..look a bit.  Then I find one copy of Bioshock.  I had to ask the price.  I got the game.

So..Achim...you are on notice here...if I get stuck, or can't figure out what the hell I'm doing, you're going to hear about it. ;)

I read though the booklet thing and then started playing.  I think I'm at the beginning of level 2.  I finished Welcome to Rapture..though I didn't fight the Big Daddy and Little Sister.  I'm a bit..umm...intimidated by the Big Daddy...especially after the one scene that showed a Big Daddy killing a person in the game - or monster..whatever the heck it was.  I'm on easy mode.  So far I think I'm doing ok.  Though I do struggle with controlling the direction I'm going at times.  I'm not sure to having to use both of the analog sticks to move around.  But I haven't gotten stuck in any corners like I did when I tried Tomb Raider..so that's good.   :laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #679 on: January 19, 2011, 04:31:11 AM »
Tell me, how amazing was the opening to that game was! Being out in the middle of the ocean with the burning plane slowly sinking.

And the tune to Beyond the Sea playing when you're inside that lighthoues to take the elevator down into Rapture.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:33:00 AM by Dr. Hasslein »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #680 on: January 19, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
The opening was really cool.  The look of everything I've seen so far is really cool.  The music works well too.
Though some of the sounds do make me a bit ....well...nervous I guess.   :laugh:  I can hear people talking before seeing them... at one point, the music got really creepy sounding.  I thought sure some huge monster - maybe a Big Daddy - was gonna attack me.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #681 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:15 AM »
Yeah I know what mean it's pretty freaky at times, like the shadow of the woman and the baby pram.  :laugh:
I should really get back into it. I'm very close to Ryan's office but I have no ammo, plasma etc. So I need to back track and build up my supply.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #682 on: January 19, 2011, 05:40:46 AM »
I was doing pretty good finding ammo and stuff I think. 
I just have one of the plasma abilities or whatever they are.  I have the wrench and a gun for weapons so far.  I have found some money...not a lot, but some.  Though one of the things I looted gave me like $48.  The last time I tried to pick up a first aid thing it said I couldn't carry any more of them.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 19, 2011, 05:53:21 AM »
So..Achim...you are on notice here...if I get stuck, or can't figure out what the hell I'm doing, you're going to hear about it. ;)
:fingerchew:

I rememeber that the game is actually pretty good at telling you what to do. I think there is even a selection in the menu with your current objectives...

Killing a Big Daddy is hard work. But it is gratifying to rescue the little sisters...or harvest them. The game also has bosses, which will be coming at you like crazy.

Learing to use the dual sticks for a First Person Shooter took me quite some time as well. I first tried with Resistance and had to stop, because the camera was all over the place and my character was not moving as intended. After several attempts with various games it eventually worked out o.k. In later levels of Bioshock you will have to be in control of the...controls. Splicers (those monster things) will be coming, and you will need to a) run around b) look around c) use plasmid and switch to d) weapons quickly. I'll still think you'll manage Easy alright (it's not like you're usually playing Hanna Montana...) and get to enjoy the story.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #684 on: January 19, 2011, 06:07:32 AM »
It too took me a while to get use to the controls. I think I missed about 90% of what I aimed at when I first started playing.  :laugh:

Are you playing it on easy Marie?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #685 on: January 19, 2011, 06:38:57 AM »
Yes there is an option that tells you what to do.  If you hit...umm..select I think it is, it loads up a map and the current objective.  There is an option to get a hint too.  The one hint I looked at could have been a tad more...helpful, but I eventually got where I was supposed to.

I already had one time when like 3 Splicers jumped me at once...then I barely dealt with them and 3 more attacked.  At least it I think it was 3 more.  That was challenging.  The camera angle was all messed up..I think I had been looking down to see if there was anything there to pick up..so I stumbled into an ambush I guess you could say. 

I've only missed a few times with the plasmid thing.  I don't think I've missed with the gun yet.  Though I may have wasted a few bullets by shooting more than needed.   :laugh:

Yes I am playing it on easy mode.  Easy seems my pace with this one.  Like I said before, I tried easy on something else and was still swarmed by monsters.  Even if I finish the game - I don't have a good record at actually finishing games  :laugh: - I don't know that I'll try normal.  I'll have to wait and see.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #686 on: January 19, 2011, 06:48:36 AM »
So have you the please of igniting that puddle of oil while that guy was standing it? I love that part.  :devil:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #687 on: January 19, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »
No I haven't done that yet.  Sounds like fun.   :laugh:
I did use the shock thing on a Splicer standing in water...which then got another Splicer that was also in the water.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #688 on: January 19, 2011, 07:12:47 AM »
I've done that, it's so much fun!  :laugh:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #689 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »
I'm glad you're enjoying Bioshock Marie, but I must and I mean absolutely no offense but it's hard to picture a 35 year old woman playing a game like that.  ;D