Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56740 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #570 on: December 19, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »
Yes it's getting on my nerves too from playing it too much, but at the same time I want to finish the bloody thing! At least once. Although maybe if we take a break from it and go to another map then we can tackle it again later.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #571 on: December 19, 2010, 06:23:31 AM »
Were you guys playing something together?

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #572 on: December 19, 2010, 06:31:21 AM »
Yeah Monopoly, but with machine guns.  :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #573 on: December 19, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »
Haha!

Yeah we have been playing Uncharted 2 co op missions for a few weeks now. And today Achim joined in as well. Although we are yet to successfully complete even one mission.  ::)

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #574 on: December 19, 2010, 06:37:13 AM »
Haha!

Yeah we have been playing Uncharted 2 co op missions for a few weeks now. And today Achim joined in as well. Although we are yet to successfully complete even one mission.  ::)

We'll it's a bit hard when I have to carry you both through the entire mission.  :tease:
Nah only joking, we're all trying.

Critter

« Reply #575 on: December 19, 2010, 06:41:19 AM »
Haha!

We'll it's a bit hard when I have to carry you both through the entire mission.  :tease:
Nah only joking, we're all trying.

It's true you usually get more kills, but you usually die more than me as well. Good thing someone is around to revive our lead man when we need him.  :P

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #576 on: December 19, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
 :laugh:

Is that game a shooting game?  I know basically nothing about most of the newer games.

Critter

« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2010, 07:07:27 AM »
Yes it's a third-person shooter. It's main focus is on the single-player campaign, but the online multiplayer options are pretty good to. If you do get a PS3 then I highly recommend it.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2010, 07:22:10 AM »
Excuse my language but Uncharted 2 is so good that it's a cluster fuck of awesomeness!

Critter

« Reply #579 on: December 19, 2010, 07:28:33 AM »
Excuse my language but Uncharted 2 is so good that it's a cluster fuck of awesomeness!

This pretty much sums it up nicely. I've actually written a review for the game which can be found here: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,6188.0.html

It's a 5/5 for me, and I've been playing it for about 7 months now and still can't get enough of it which says a lot.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 19, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
I want Limbo too! As for Flower, of course I wish you could have it. In fact, I am a strong opponent of any exclusivity between the consoles. Give all games to all gamers, at the same time!

Final Fantasy 13 was not exclusive, but I think 14 is.

Same as PM:
I had great fun too, playing the co-op in Uncharted 2 with you guys (co-op is much more attractive to me than competitive multiplayer). Is that sniper section the last bit of the map? The alternating snipers sure are rather annoying, we may have to seek shelter inside that room on the left next time. And we played on Easy, not even Normal, right? :slaphead:

Critter

« Reply #581 on: December 19, 2010, 07:53:01 AM »
I'm unsure of Limbo personally, I have seen it reviewed and while it looks really unique and well-made, it just looks so damn depressing. I don't know if I would actually want to play something like that, I get sad just watching the trailer.

And Achim, we have no idea if the sniper level is the end of the map because we've never passed it.  :laugh:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #582 on: December 19, 2010, 07:55:26 AM »
I don't think I've played a game like Uncharted 2.
I did play some sort of shooter type game with my friend once.  I can't remember which one.  it had some capture the flag thing going on and I had no clue what I was doing.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #583 on: December 19, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »
That could have been a number of different games. Many shooters have capture the flag mode.

snowcat

« Reply #584 on: December 19, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
I started playing Heavy Rain today I was quite happy when it started to update and told me I now had the Move version as well.... nice added bonus..... not that I have ever used Playstation move :/