Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56789 times)

Critter

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #405 on: November 28, 2010, 06:53:43 AM »
I only got one for getting 50 kills with the Dragon Sniper. I'll hopefully play more later on. The game actually froze before and stopped working. I had to restart the system twice and remove the disc and put it back in before I got it working again.
Have you purchased any stuff from the store? And I mean the in-game Uncharted store, not the PSN store. I have bought each of the game concept art galleries as well as each of the making-of videos etc. I haven't gone through it all yet but there is some good stuff there.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:56:39 AM by Critter »

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:27 AM »
I don't think I have purchased anything, I'll have to have a look to see what I can buy.

Rogmeister

« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2010, 05:54:33 AM »
I got an e-mail from Amazon today.  My Playstation 3 has shipped.  Delivery is expected to be on Thursday.   :yahoo:  Hmmm, we need a smiley showing someone playing a video game...

Critter

« Reply #408 on: December 01, 2010, 06:04:28 AM »
That's true enough. A smiley like that would be used a lot in this forum.

Rogmeister

« Reply #409 on: December 01, 2010, 06:14:16 AM »

I found the above two...not quite what I had in mind but...

Critter

« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »
How about this?

Rogmeister

« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2010, 06:28:23 AM »
Yeah, I like that...the controller even looks a bit like a Playstation controller!  By the way, when my PS3 arrives, it will give me 9 systems.  I could see myself trying to cut down but which ones should go?  Here is what my game consoles will consist of by the end of this week...

Atari Jaguar
Nintendo DS
Super Nintendo
Nintendo GameCube
Sega Dreamcast
Sony Playstation
Sony Playstation 2
Sony Playstation 3
Xbox (original, not 360)

If I had to get rid of one today, I would probably choose the Jaguar as (except for the PS3, of course) I have the fewest games for it of all my other systems.  I have around 20 for that.  But do I want to divest myself of my last Atari system?  Then I could never again answer yes to the musical question "Have you played Atari today?"  :thundergod:

Critter

« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2010, 07:36:21 AM »
That's a nice collection. The problem I've always had is that I end up breaking the console and then getting a new one. I broke my PS1 I got a PS2, I broke my PS2 I got a PS2 slim, I broke the slim and got a PS3 etc etc. Because of that I never have an actual build up of consoles as I only ever buy new ones to replace the old ones which I then throw out. As far as which ones to get rid of then I'm not sure. Maybe just the ones you play the least?

Rogmeister

« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:51 AM »
Well, several of these I've not played in some time.  Another possibility is keeping most of my systems but maybe pruning out the games I figure I'll never really want to play again.  The Atari Jaguar had a reputation for the majority of their games sucking big time.  I could probably keep just 5 to 7 games and I likely wouldn't ever m iss the others.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2010, 12:38:26 AM »
That's a nice collection. The problem I've always had is that I end up breaking the console and then getting a new one. I broke my PS1 I got a PS2, I broke my PS2 I got a PS2 slim, I broke the slim and got a PS3 etc etc. Because of that I never have an actual build up of consoles as I only ever buy new ones to replace the old ones which I then throw out. As far as which ones to get rid of then I'm not sure. Maybe just the ones you play the least?

How did you manage to break all those consoles?

My list of consoles:

Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube
Wii
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360

Handheld Consoles:

Gameboy
Gamboy Colour
DS Lite
PSP Slim
Supervision

Critter

« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »
I didn't break them as much as they all just stopped working over time. I'm not really sure why, something to do with a laser in the PS2's? The PS1 just stopped reading discs one day etc etc. I don't mean break as in like dropped them and they smashed or anything.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2010, 01:01:06 AM »
I've never had a console break; I guess I've been lucky.
My NES will probably out last me, works every time, probably because consoles from that generation have little to no moving parts.

Najemikon

« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »
I didn't break them as much as they all just stopped working over time. I'm not really sure why, something to do with a laser in the PS2's? The PS1 just stopped reading discs one day etc etc. I don't mean break as in like dropped them and they smashed or anything.

:whistle: ;)

Rogmeister

« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:34 AM »
I've been pretty lucky as not many of my consoles have ever had problems...though a few have.  I had to have an Atari Jaguar console worked on but it's been so long I can't really remember what the problem was.  I've only had one each of the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox.  I did have some problems with my first original Playstation, though.  It started having overheating issues due to poor ventilation engineering but I learned you could either put it on its side or even upside down to help with that.  Then one day it just started skipping incredibly bad and I finally had to dispose of it.  But I have not yet had any problems with its replacement.

Critter

« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2010, 01:54:36 AM »
Jon, yes that's EXACTLY how I broke my consoles.  :laugh: