Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56816 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #330 on: November 10, 2010, 04:27:52 AM »
I know. It's just a fun question to ask and it gets people worked up, at the right forums that is.  :laugh:

I own a Xbox 360, I actually bought it just to play Battlestations Midway.
It's proved itself to be a good game console, it's version of Call of Duty 2 is a mass of awesomeness!

Sophie if you get a 360 download Limbo from XBLA, you won't regret it.

Critter

« Reply #331 on: November 10, 2010, 04:32:05 AM »
I'll keep that in mind. I'm really hoping I can one day have all three so that there are no games I can't play. At the moment though my favourite games are the Uncharted series, which means my preferred console will probably remain the PS3.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2010, 04:40:51 AM »
At the moment though my favourite games are the Uncharted series, which means my preferred console will probably remain the PS3.

Plus the Xbox couldn't handle them.  :hysterical:

What was your favourite part of Uncharted 2? Mine was the chapter on the train, intense! I read that a Uncharted 3 has been announced for 2011 or 2012.

Critter

« Reply #333 on: November 10, 2010, 05:08:54 AM »
The first time I played the train level I had to stop because I had just recently had my wisdom teeth removed and was doped up on painkillers. Needless to say I got motion sickness from the non-stop moving train. I tried it again later though and loved it! I love the opening level/tutorial thing on the train as well. Also the level driving the cars was fun. I also loved all the levels in umm... I think it was Borneo or something like that. My memory is pretty bad.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 10, 2010, 05:57:19 AM »
I hear of people playing games up to 8 hours at a time etc.
:bag:

Easily. Like currently with Fallout New Vegas. I have a hard time putting the controller down. :laugh:

I find that if I am stuck it's better to just leave it and come back at it. If I'm stuck in a game and I just sit there doing the same thing over and over I am likely to end up throwing the PS3 out the window.
Definitely the right way to go about it; not only to protect the window's glass front :laugh: Once I had a hard time getting through a particular section of a game (maybe on of the Uncharted, or some level in Dead Space) and just couldn't get it. I stopped playing and only retried a few days later, when I got it on one of the first tries. :shrug:

[...] I tried it again later though and loved it! I love the opening level/tutorial thing on the train as well. Also the level driving the cars was fun. I also loved all the levels in umm... I think it was Borneo or something like that. My memory is pretty bad.
The only level I remember not liking is the final boss fight.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:59:17 AM by Achim »

Critter

« Reply #335 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:33 AM »
Definitely the right way to go about it; not only to protect the window's glass front :laugh: Once I had a hard time getting through a particular section of a game (maybe on of the Uncharted, or some level in Dead Space) and just couldn't get it. I stopped playing and only retried a few days later, when I got it on one of the first tries. :shrug:

That's exactly it! So many times I have spent ages trying to do one thing, then when I leave and come back to it later I always get it in the first couple of goes.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #336 on: November 10, 2010, 06:50:22 AM »

That's exactly it! So many times I have spent ages trying to do one thing, then when I leave and come back to it later I always get it in the first couple of goes.

I love when that happens, it's the best feeling.

Najemikon

« Reply #337 on: November 10, 2010, 12:36:29 PM »
I haven't read through this entire thread so I'm not sure if the big question has been asked. Which is better, Xbox 360 or PS3?

PC

:tease:

RossRoy

« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
I'm also one who can go on easily for 8 hours straight playing games. Especially with games like Fallout, Fable, Mass Effect or Dragon Age..

As for putting down the controller when I get frustrated with a game... I don't always do it... I should... but I don't... Actually, I just broke the left bumper button on my controller just last week. Got frustrated, almost threw the controller but managed to refrain.. but only half. I still dropped the controller on the floor. Right on the button.  :bag:

Critter

« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2010, 09:33:13 PM »
I'm also one who can go on easily for 8 hours straight playing games. Especially with games like Fallout, Fable, Mass Effect or Dragon Age..

As for putting down the controller when I get frustrated with a game... I don't always do it... I should... but I don't... Actually, I just broke the left bumper button on my controller just last week. Got frustrated, almost threw the controller but managed to refrain.. but only half. I still dropped the controller on the floor. Right on the button.  :bag:

See this is why breaks are good! Not only for the mental state of the person, but also for the sake of the console.

snowcat

« Reply #340 on: November 11, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »
...I always end up playing games for hours.... but I cant with the PS3.... for some reason if I play it for too long I get blurred vision, no other console has this effect on me and it really annoys me... the first time I was playing bayonetta... after about 6 hours I was getting blurred vision.... I didn't want to stop so I carried on....I woke up the next day and had blurred vision for most of the day :/

..>Although, I know with certain games ive played hours.... for example Pokemon HeartGold on the DS is currently clocked at over 200 hours Ive only had it since august.

Critter

« Reply #341 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:25 AM »

:drooling:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #342 on: November 15, 2010, 05:19:04 AM »
That's going to be an epic game.
Have you played Heavy Rain? I think a sequel is being made.
Also I read that Arkham City isn't due out until late next year, that's too long!

Critter

« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2010, 05:31:46 AM »
The Last Guardian is probably my most anticipated game, I get chills just watching the trailer. Shadow of the Colossus was amazing.
I haven't played Heavy Rain but it's on my Christmas List.
Late 2011? :( There has already been Arkham City trailers and images released, I was hoping for early 2011.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:33:24 AM by Critter »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2010, 05:45:05 AM »
Have you played Heavy Rain? I think a sequel is being made.
I have played it and quite liked the branching they did. It was amazing to see how many different ways the game could end, depending how you go through the game. replay value is not very high though, especially once you have gone back to collect all the trophies (which is a rather procedural affair) and therefore have seen all possible endings.

David Cage has repeatedly pointed out that he wants to move and and will not make a sequel. Heck, they even dropped any DLC they announced to implement the Move support and will not even go back to that.

Also I read that Arkham City isn't due out until late next year, that's too long!
That's a two-year cycle, quite normal, really.