Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56821 times)

Dr. Hasslein

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #315 on: November 09, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »
Yeah for 30 minutes to an hour is just nice for me. But in some games like Red Dead Redemption for example you have to put the time in order to make significant progress in the story. If you've finished the game like I have, then you can easily spend a quick 30 minutes or so up in hills hunting bear and such.

The Call of Duty games are great for quick plays, it's always straight into the action.

Critter

« Reply #316 on: November 10, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
I hear of people playing games up to 8 hours at a time etc. That is crazy for me, I have to have a lot of long breaks when gaming. Not only because of my wrists, but I also get pretty frustrated sometimes in games. I find that if I am stuck it's better to just leave it and come back at it. If I'm stuck in a game and I just sit there doing the same thing over and over I am likely to end up throwing the PS3 out the window. That's why gaming breaks are good for both myself and my PS3  ;).

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #317 on: November 10, 2010, 01:38:50 AM »
I hear of people playing games up to 8 hours at a time etc. That is crazy for me, I have to have a lot of long breaks when gaming. Not only because of my wrists, but I also get pretty frustrated sometimes in games. I find that if I am stuck it's better to just leave it and come back at it. If I'm stuck in a game and I just sit there doing the same thing over and over I am likely to end up throwing the PS3 out the window. That's why gaming breaks are good for both myself and my PS3  ;).

At my local EB Games they have a promotion going on where if you pre-order Call of Duty Black Ops you get a free 6 pack of V energy drink. Also there is a competition to win a mini fridge that comes full to the brim of you guessed it, V energy drink. Now to me they are saying to gamers, do worry about sleep, stay up all hours of the night drinking V and playing games. There are known health issue with these types of energy drink so I think it's pretty irresponsible of EB Games to run this promotion.

Critter

« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »
I saw that promotion as well. It probably is pretty irresponsible but in the end there are most likely many gamers out there already who stay up all night drinking energy drinks and gaming. I personally hate the drinks so if I won I would keep the fridge and chuck out the drinks (or give them to someone else). Just because you can win it doesn't mean they are forcing you to drink it. You are right though, it does send out the wrong message.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
I saw that promotion as well. It probably is pretty irresponsible but in the end there are most likely many gamers out there already who stay up all night drinking energy drinks and gaming.

That's true but allot of gamers who do behave like that have the mentality of if they get it for free they'll drink it like crazy until it runs out. I can imagine a big weekend in front of the TV for some of the winners.

Critter

« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2010, 02:03:26 AM »
This isn't really related, but I just read a really great article about gamer stereotypes. I think every gamer in this forum should read it!

http://gamerstereotype.wordpress.com/

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2010, 02:26:22 AM »
I think I've read that article before. I'm simply a casual gamer, that's all. But you wouldn't think so if you saw my study.

Critter

« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2010, 02:29:54 AM »
I also consider myself a casual gamer, although I suppose I would be lumped into the 'girl gamer' group as well.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2010, 02:47:00 AM »
Have you ever played any of the Ratchet and Clank games? I've played them all except the spin offs and the original. The latest, A Crack In Time I absolutely mastered. It was so much fun and I finally achieved my first platinum trophy.

Critter

« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »
No I haven't played them, but I really want to. I have heard good things.

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #325 on: November 10, 2010, 04:09:11 AM »
I haven't read through this entire thread so I'm not sure if the big question has been asked. Which is better, Xbox 360 or PS3?

hal9g

« Reply #326 on: November 10, 2010, 04:13:38 AM »
That depends entirely on what you own!   :tomato:

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #327 on: November 10, 2010, 04:17:14 AM »
Nup, PS3 is the best regardless. :devil:

Critter

« Reply #328 on: November 10, 2010, 04:20:48 AM »
That's not really a debate in this forum. There is a thread for the 360 and a thread for the PS3. Anyone is welcome to post in either thread but there isn't really that competition between the two. I personally love the PS3 but I would love to have a 360 as well. I currently have a Wii and PS3 and think a 360 would round up my collection nicely. In fact I already have xbox360 on my Christmas List.

RossRoy

« Reply #329 on: November 10, 2010, 04:23:20 AM »
Which is better, Xbox 360 or PS3?

Xbox 360, no contest there.  :tease:

But really, who cares? I personally chose to get an Xbox 360.  I honestly have no interest in getting a PS3. That's not a statement about the PS3's quality. It's merely that I'm perfectly happy with my Xbox, and I just don't have time or resources to play both. And anyway, almost all of the games I'm interested in come out on both, or, turn out to be time exclusive (Mass Effect 2, Fallout DLC, Eternal Sonata, etc.) So unless you absolutely must play either of the first party games, there's reason to bash any console.