Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 56853 times)

Rogmeister

Re: Playstation 3
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »
You have some systems I used to have...and some I've never had and nevere even played, whew!  I think the Neo Geo Pocket Color is one I had the shortest time.  I bought one, then heard it wasn't going to be marketed in the U.S. anymore so I figured there wouldn't be many more games available for it to  me, so I sold it.

snowcat

« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:47 PM »
Im a bit of a hoarder to be honest..... I just cant bare to part with those systems.

The Neo geo Pocket wasn't marketed very long... and the japanese catologue is huge compared to the US one... I have almost everygame made for the Game.com.... they only made around 20 games :)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2010, 02:58:50 AM »
Is the move starter pack for the new motion stuff?

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2010, 06:49:26 AM »
Is the move starter pack for the new motion stuff?
Yes, it contains the Move contoller, the Playstation Eye camera and a game, I believe that Sports game or the Party game.

I am considering to get a Move stick, probably without the supporting controller, but it'll depend on the software too. But since Dead Space: Extraction will be on the way, at least I'll have one game to play with...

snowcat

« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2010, 09:37:17 AM »
The move starter set only contains a demo .... I think thats pretty cheap of them... especially considering I hear some games will need two move controllers to work...

Critter

« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to ps3trophycard.com? I enjoyed getting my trophycards for the forum from there as they created a link to my complete list of games and trophies collected. Now however I can't even find the site, it's as if it's been totally removed. I'm currently using one from the official Playstation site which is okay, but I did like the other one better.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
Does anyone know what happened to ps3trophycard.com? I enjoyed getting my trophycards for the forum from there as they created a link to my complete list of games and trophies collected. Now however I can't even find the site, it's as if it's been totally removed. I'm currently using one from the official Playstation site which is okay, but I did like the other one better.
I used them as well, so when the link went dead I looked around and found information that they are indeed out of business. Another site has adopted a similar card layout:

They seem to be a bit behind in acquiring trophy information (the total counts on the card are always correct though). On the bright side, they apparently are doing automatic updates, so no more need to manually trigger it on their site :)

Critter

« Reply #262 on: October 21, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
Thanks Achim. I like that style more as I like seeing what game is being played at the time etc. I just made one for myself but had a couple of problems. My Scott Pilgrim vs the World trophies weren't showing, and on the site there was no tally of all my trophies all up  :shrug:

MEJHarrison

« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:42 AM »
I posted a few months ago about my PS3 dying.  For whatever reason (summer, other commitments, laziness, etc.) I put off fixing it.  Finally got around to getting a security Torx driver to remove the screw under the warning label, got the part number for the laser (only $50 for a new one!!!), and put it all back together.  Popped a DVD in (it played DVDs, but not Blu-rays) and watched an episode of Stargate Atlantis.  All was well.  Just needed to order the actual replacement laser.  Put in another DVD later that night and after about 10 minutes the whole system just shut down.  Tried everything including a new drive.  Wouldn't power back up.

So after all that, I just paid the $150 to have Sony repair it.  Should have the new one on Monday! :yahoo:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2010, 06:41:12 AM »
Thanks Achim. I like that style more as I like seeing what game is being played at the time etc. I just made one for myself but had a couple of problems. My Scott Pilgrim vs the World trophies weren't showing, and on the site there was no tally of all my trophies all up  :shrug:
As I said, for some newer games they are lacking the trophy information. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light came out a mionth ago and they are still missing them.

Are you saying you have more than 98 trophies? I don't mind not all trophy images showing up on the left, but the count must be accurate! **

So after all that, I just paid the $150 to have Sony repair it.  Should have the new one on Monday! :yahoo:
I have been through that once. Not having my PS3 deprives me of games AND Blu-ray. Terrible times...

**EDIT:
No, it's definitely working. Mine shows 1321 trophies, yet the latest image for Fallout New Vegas doesn't show.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:21:47 PM by Achim »

Critter

« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
I double checked. The amount of trophies is correct, but Scott Pilgrim is still missing. I wonder how long it will be till they fix it and add all the new games.

Critter

« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2010, 11:17:38 PM »
Today I got my Playstation 3

...Its a 320GB which is cool... I also got the Move starter pack.

the games I got today are

Heavy Rain
Yakuza 3
bayonetta
resistance: fall of man
Mega Drive Collection
Uncharted 2

Bioshock 2 (special edition)
Street Fighter 4 (Special Edition)

:D .... this is my 27th Game console!! ...I cannot wait to play on it :p
:o
I only just noticed this for the first time. Are you saying you got all of the above at the same time? If I went into my local game store and bought all of that it would be over $2,000, maybe even more. At the moment here it's about $60 - $120 for just one game alone. Because of that I can usually only afford 2 or 3 new games a year (and I usually buy second hand ones anyway). This is a very impressive group. I hope you enjoy Uncharted 2. It's one of my favourites.

snowcat

« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2010, 11:36:24 PM »
Yeah.... It was my birthday.

A couple of those were presents from my brother.

to be honest I haven't had much time to play it recently which is sad because Id like to complete Bayonetta. before I move on to the easier games ive got like Band Hero and stuff...

The version of Bio Shock 2 I got is great, ill take some pictures of it because its really nice set.

Critter

« Reply #268 on: October 23, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »
I haven't played any Bioshock games  :bag:.
I really want to play them, but I just haven't gotten around to them.

Just out of curiosity, how much are new PS3 games in the UK? I was talking to someone in America who said that a new game there is about $60, where as a new game here in Australia is about $110. Quite a big gap considering our dollar is basically the same. I don't know why it's so much more expensive in this country.

snowcat

« Reply #269 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »
Over here a new game is £35-40 depending on where you go to buy it, Supermarkets generally sell games closer to 35 and the game shops generally sell them closer to 40.

Games loose there value quickly over here unless they are nintendo games... Fifa 11 for example was £35 on release about 4 weeks ago and is already at £25 in some places.